I was born to love you

After all the teasing and the tension of this day, I bet Ben and Lola did the exact same thing this evening ;)

-

Rachel POV

Monday, 15 June 2020

🎶 Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you 🎶

I woke up from kisses on my cheek. When I opened my eyes, Gwilym was standing by my side with a self-made breakfast and a balloon with '25' on it. "Happy birthday cutest!" Gwilym kissed me again, this time on my lips. "Ahw thank you Gwil, this is too sweet!" I said. On the serving tray I saw freshly baked croissants, scrambled eggs, fresh orange juice and a fruit salad. He sat down next to me to enjoy this meal together. "This was so freaking delicious! Best birthday breakfast ever, Gwilym!" I smiled. "But hold on, I have something for you." Gwilym said while he stood up to get it. He came back with two beautifully packed presents. I carefully opened the first present and saw a small jewellery box. When I opened it, sparkling diamonds met my eyes. In this box were subtle diamond earrings. "Gwil, this is so beautiful!" I opened the second present and again there was a jewellery box. This time, there was a matching necklace inside. "This is so wonderful! I don't know how to thank you, this is crazy!" I gave him a kiss to thank him, but I was still a bit shocked by the presents. "Everything for you, Rachel. You're the love of my life! Shall I put it on?" He asked and I nodded in response. He gently put the necklace around my neck, I even shivered a bit from his touch.

After this we snuggled a bit more and after half an hour we got dressed. We went to the supermarket to get the ingredients for our party meal. My parents and my brother and his family would come over later this day and have dinner with us. I was kind of nervous because my parents were going to meet Gwilym. I noticed that he was also nervous, maybe even more than me.

Ben and Lola arrived at my house at 3.00 p.m., the rest would arrive around 4.00 p.m. Ben and Lola congratulated me and gave me a box with all different beauty and wellness products, like a scrub, bath-bombs, massage oil etc. Lola also brought a self-made chocolate cake that we were going to eat as a dessert later this evening. While Gwilym started to prepare for dinner, I chatted with Ben and Lola and showed them what Gwil gave me.

At 3.55 p.m., the doorbell rang. This was the moment of truth. I opened the front door and greeted my parents. Gwilym just finished the preparations of our dinner. When we entered the living room, I introduced him to them. It went very smooth, I was relieved. Lola introduced Ben and they all started talking with each other. My mom gave me my present: a voucher for a hotel stay in a city of choice for two. "Thank you both, I love it!" I said. A few minutes later my brother and his wife and daughter arrived. We got some drinks and chatted. Ben and Gwilym got along with my family very well. I squeezed Gwilym's hand a bit and saw he was relieved that it all went well.

Around 6.00 p.m. dinner was ready, so we all took place at the dinner table. Everyone enjoyed our meal. It was a really nice evening. After the dinner, my brother and his family left, because my niece was almost falling asleep. My parents were the last to leave. While they were leaving, my mom said to me (in Dutch) "He's a really nice guy, you've chosen the right one, Rachel!". I was very happy to hear that.

Gwilym and I both felt tired but satisfied. We got ourselves one last drink and talked about this day while I lay in his arms on the couch. "I'm really glad it all went well, Rach. You have a really nice family, all very kind and interested!" I told him about what my mom told me. He really appreciated that. "Let's go upstairs, we have to get up early tomorrow..." I said. We went upstairs and got ready to go to bed. Once I laid down, I fell asleep in Gwilym's arms with a big smile on my face.

-

True love