10

EDITED✅ by @_KINTSUGI_  

The class stared in disbelief at the results plastered on the blackboard. Judging by the sheer number of internship offers written next to their names, it was clear that the top three winners of the sports festival caught the eyes of many heroes stationed throughout Japan.

Todoroki Shouto: 4,123

Bakugou Katsuki: 3,556

Uchiha Madara: 2,657

Aizawa lazily pointed at the results with a piece of chalk. "Usually, the result is more balanced. But this year all the attention was on these three.."

"Wait, if you look closely, 1st and 2nd place are in reverse," Kirishima pointed out.

"Hm, maybe seeing him chained up like a wild animal scared them off." Sero waved his hand without a care in the world.

Bakugou, who sat in the next row two-seats ahead of them, heard their conversation and screamed in retaliation. "Those pros ain't gonna be scared!"

Yaoyorozu, who sat in the back of the class, placed a hand over her chest, looking over to Todoroki who's facial expression remained quite the same, "Just as expected, Todoroki." He declined her praises, responding that it was most likely because of who his father was.

'2,657? There better be some good offers, or else...' Madara could care less about the results-- he just needed a place where he could let out steam and hopefully find a worthy opponent. But he knew it was best to not get his hopes high.

"Now, it's time to pick a hero name." Aizawa's voice echoed in the room, drawing the student's attention back to him. "This is no joke-- many pro heroes stick to these names and I'm sure a few regret them." He spoke, "The names you pick will be known to the whole world." In walked Midnight, who was wearing her R-rated costume.

"Midnight!" They weren't expecting her to be here.

"Midnight will handle your hero names-- because I definitely can't," Aizawa mumbled the last part as he slowly got inside his yellow sleeping bag.

Midnight took over the class gracefully, and students, one by one, made their way up to the front of the class to present their hero names. A few hesitated-- but did it anyway There was tension in the classroom because of name failures and only cleared up when Tsuyu presented her hero name-- Froppy. All the pressure dissipated from the air and the students were able to gather confidence to present.

"Red Riot!"

"Pinky!"

"Sugarman."

"Tail man."

After a few students failed and recreated their names, only four people remained-- those who were unable to choose. Bakugou, whose idea was shot down, was forced to rethink his name, while Midoriya, Iida, and Madara had not presented.

'Do I need a name?'

His hand smoothed through his hair as he propped up his chin, his elbow on the table.

He never really cared what people called him. All he ever was focused on was his dreams to make it into a reality. Which failed miserably because of the brat. Oh well, he couldn't have everything, it was already clear that God hated him. That is if there was one in existence here. His black eyes drifted off to his classmates who were patiently waiting and chatting. The whiteboard in front of him remains blank while he wearily half-listened to Iida presenting. It came as a shock to his classmates that his hero name was just his first name. It seemed very unlike him.

A sigh escaped his lips, 'might as well go with it' To him, it was a simple yet compelling name.

'Susanoo Hero: Izuna'

"Huh, Susanoo hero: Izuna?" Midnight tucked her arm in, "Isn't Izuna* a female name? Are you sure you're okay with that?" She questioned.

"That's a shitty name," Bakugou mumbled under his breath. A few classmates made comments similar to Midnight and others thought it was quite alright. Yet the majority found it strange why he chooses the name 'Izuna' and not his name.

"Well," she clapped her hand together, "I will approve of it, but remember your hero names usually stick with you." The last comment was made to the entire class. Taking the board down he went down to his seat and watched as Bakugou went back up only to repeat the same name but in different wording.

"Think again"

"DAMN IT!"

—-

The class had two days to pick out a hero agency best suited for their quirk after their teacher gave them a brief explanation about it.

During lunch, the majority of the class stayed in class discussing their choices. Madara held a few sheets of paper all stable together as he flipped them over without a care of the world. Throughout this whole process of staying here, he had no interest in their views of heroes or villains.

It's trash.

——

His hero name is something I struggle with so I took the suggestion of one of my readers @uzu_princess. They had suggested Izuna since he was very fond of his brother.

Without a thought, everyone knew how close the two were close so I decide to give him the name Sussano Hero: Izuna. They were another suggestion such as Infinite ( if I'm right) which represented the number of tactics/power he has.

But I stuck to Izuna in a way to show some connection to his family and somewhat get out of his shell little by little.

(*) ALSO, I looked up the name Izuna and it appears to be more common for it to be a female name. 

Updates might be a bit slowish since I'm kind of losing ideas.