Chapter 3: Classes

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and hit the clock until it finally turned off. I sat up and yawned then rubbed my eyes to wake myself up.

I went to my closet, grabbed my uniform, and got the rest of the way ready then headed down the stairs to the common room.

Fred and George were sitting on the couch facing away from me. I tried to sneak around them to the exit so they didn't call me over, but that didn't work very well.

"Where are you going in such a rush," the two of them said at the same time.

"Err...I was just going to get breakfast" I said while slowly turning around.

"Well can't that wait, come and sit down with us for a minute"Fred replied with a smile on his face.

George patted the couch next to him and I bit the inside of my cheek while walking over and sitting beside him.

"Did you hear that Dumbledore is announcing a surprise soon?"Fred asked"some kind of challenge I believe"

"no, I didn't know that, what exactly is it"I responded trying not to look straight at George. My mind drifted to what had happened yesterday no matter how much I tried to ignore it.

"Not sure darling, but it sure is gonna be exciting"

Darling, George just called me darling. Why does this surprise me so much, he calls practically everyone darling.

I jumped up and said"well it was great to talk to you but I'm honestly starving so I'm going to get breakfast"

"We could come with you" they replied at the same time.

I just put on a fake smile while saying"honestly it's ok, I can manage to walk alone"

I turned around and took a deep breath while heading out the door.
__________________________________________

I quickly walked through the halls to the defense against the dark arts classroom, making sure I wouldn't be late.

When I arrived I sat at a desk next to Hermione with Harry and Ron sitting in front of us.

Our new teacher introduced himself as Alastor Moody. He began to talk about the unforgiving curses which made me quite uncomfortable.

He began to perform them starting with the Imperio curse. The class erupted in laughter as he made the creature fly from one student's face to another. After placing it on Draco's face he became serious and threatened to kill the creature which silenced the class.

The next spell was Crucio, the torturing curse. I looked down at the poor animal as he squealed in pain. It was only the first day of class and my disgust for Professor Moody grew quickly. He kept going until Hermione finally yelled for him to stop.

Lastly, he brought the creature and placed it on our desk on top of Hermione's textbooks. He then performed the last unforgiving curse, Avada Kedavra, or the killing curse.

I looked away, I was terrified that someone could have the heart to ever use a spell like that.

Finally, we were dismissed from class and I sighed, not feeling very excited for our next lesson.

I walked out of the room with Ron, Harry, and Hermione beside me.

"I can't believe he would do something so terrible to such an innocent creature" Hermione ranted.

"Such a filthy thing to do"I agreed.

We continued down the hall all the way back to the common room to hang out until we had to go to our next class.

When we walked in I saw Fred and George sitting on the couch again.

"do you ever leave the common room? "I asked in between giggles.

"Sadly, yes"Fred replied"we have a class in about 10 minutes"

"Right, but until then you can sit with us if you'd like too" George added.

I just remembered how awkward I felt this morning and quickly responded"I would but I have to go study, sorry"

"Uh, right," George said the smile fading from his face" wouldn't want those good grades to go down"

"Yeah," I said now feeling kind of guilty, but I just couldn't spend more time sitting in between them alone. It just wasn't the same as how it used to be, but I couldn't tell if it was in a good or bad way.
__________________________________________

I know this is my third chapter today but it's been really fun writing this so oh well. I am going to attempt to make a cover I think but It won't necessarily stay bc like I said I'm not good at it but we'll see.

Just wanted to say follow my TikTok if you want to its blily2005 I post some Harry potter stuff on there. Also, I have a youtube channel which is Bella Enchanted.

How you enjoyed and as always make sure to comment your thoughts :)