Chapter 7: Trip to Hogsmeade

I woke up from the sunlight coming from my window. I slowly opened my eyes and turned to look at the time on my clock. I realized  I had slept in twenty minutes past when I normally get up. I jumped out of bed and quickly threw my robes on and quickly walked down the halls towards my first class.

My stomach was begging me to stop at the great hall for breakfast but there was no way I was going to be late to class. I was almost there but stopped when I saw Harry walking in front of me.

"Harry, aren't you going to be late to potions?"I asked.

He turned around"Aren't you going to be late as well?"

"Well technically yes, but I slept in a bit too much today"

Harry laughed while pulling a bit of food out of his pocket" I got worried when you weren't at breakfast and made sure to save you some food."

I grabbed the food from his hands and thanked him before biting off a piece of the bread. I continued heading for our classroom until someone called Harry's name from behind us. We turned around to see Cedric walking towards us.

"Harry, I wanted to thank you again for telling me about the Dragon. I was wondering if you had figured out the clue from your egg yet?"

"No, I've tried so many things but every time it's just the same terrible scream"

"Well try listening underwater" Cedric winked and turned his attention to me"I don't think we've ever met before, I'm Cedric Diggory."

His smile was intoxicating, I stared for a split second until I realized I should say something"My names Alexa Mitchell, but you can call me Lex, or Lexa or whatever else."I said awkwardly and immediately looked down at my feet. Why can't you do anything correctly Lex?

Harry stood there awkwardly finally breaking the silence"Shouldn't we get to class, we're already late"

"Oh right, bye Cedric" I followed Harry down the hall walking into the potions classroom trying to be as quiet as possible, hoping no one would notice our tardiness.

"Twenty points from Gryffindor"Snape turned around"Don't be late again or that's detention for the both of you."

I heard Draco and his friends laugh behind us as we went and sat at our seats.

I sighed, upset that so many points were taken from our house, but at least I wouldn't have to spend detention with Professor Snape.

______________________________________

It was a couple of weeks before the Yule Ball and I still hadn't gotten asked by anyone. I wasn't that worried about it because I wasn't even sure if I was going to go yet. I was never really that into dancing and parties but still, it would be nice to know someone cared enough to ask me.

I was in the library with Hermione working on finishing up our homework so we didn't have any to do while we were at Hogsmeade tomorrow. 

"Looks like someone wants to talk to you," Hermione said while looking behind me. I looked at her confused then turned around to see Cedric walking up to me.

"Hey, Cedric" I waved, hoping he didn't remember the awkwardness of our last interaction.

"Hey, Lexa I was wondering if tomorrow you wanted to walk around Hogsmeade with me?"

I was honestly speechless that such a popular guy like him even remembered my name and now he was asking to walk around with me.

"If not that's alright too..." he said waiting for me to answer. 

"No, I'd love to go! "I said excitedly.

"Great then I'll see you later, meet me in the great hall after breakfast?"