Chapter 37: Poisoned

Thank you so much for 900 views!!!! That's like nearly 1k and that's like absolutely insane! I'm thrilled that everyone is liking this story so much<3

Also if you didn't notice I changed the book cover because the other one I just made in 5 minutes just as a place holder so I hope you guys like the new one :)

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

__________________________________

*Claire's POV*

The next day I went back to work, making sure to keep a close eye on Alexa. She seemed oddly close to Tom which was weird because she never really had any interest in talking to him the couple of weeks she's worked here. I didn't really like it, Tom was not the most trustworthy guy. 

When it was finally my break I entered the room to see Alexa and Tom kissing on the couch. It made me really uncomfortable so I left the room and sat out front. Something was going on, she would never cheat on George. From everything she has told me about him, it sounded like she was truly in love. Besides, out of all the people, she could cheat on him with she chooses Tom.

A while later, after my shift was over, I needed to find either Fred or George. I knew they had a store down the street that was quite popular when it was still open. I had never been inside because I moved here after it was closed.

I quickly walked down the street and knocked on the door to the storefront. After a couple of minutes, a tall, handsome young man with bright orange hair opened the door.

He looked down at me with a confused face and asked, "Who are you?"

"I'm Claire, friends with Alexa, " I responded. He cut me off before I could tell him my reasons for being here.

"If she sent you to apologize I'm not interested, " he said while going to shut the door.

I pushed it back open before he could walk away and explained, "actually I'm here because I'm worried about her. She has been really...close to another guy at work and it didn't seem right because she isn't the sort of person to cheat on you like that."

He raised one of his eyebrows while responding, "Cheat on me?"

"Yeah, you. Like George, you are him right?" I said, not understanding what could be so confusing about that.

He laughed slightly before answering, "I'm Fred, George is upstairs somewhere."

My face turned red, I had forgotten that they were identical twins so any description Alexa had given me was almost the same for both.

"It's alright, we get mixed up a lot. Even by our own mother, " he responded while walking farther in the doorway. I took that as an invitation to enter the store. Once I got inside I noticed everything was thrown around. Things were knocked over, boxes were smashed, candy was spilled out across the floor.

"Sorry about the mess, George went a little crazy last night after he saw Alexa, " Fred said with a hint of sadness.

"What exactly happened?" I asked curiously. I was assuming it must have been similar to what I had seen at work.

"She cheated on him, broke his heart. He hasn't left his room all day, " Fred said sadly.

"Something must be going on. I know Tom, he is far from the most trustworthy person, " I explained.

"What are we supposed to do?" he asked.

"I have to get home soon, but if you could get to her flat and talk to her, " I offered.