Chapter 17: Christmas Break

Thanks for 250 views :)

honestly, every single view I get means the world, I love you all so much<3

_________________________________

I was packing my stuff ready to get home and see my mother. I was quite worried about it, to be honest, Christmas just wouldn't be the same without my father.

Suddenly my parent's owl flew in through the window. I frowned, hoping that the letter wouldn't say what I think it will.

Dear Alexa,

I know you miss me and I miss you a lot 

but I think It would be best if you stayed 

at Hogwarts this Christmas. I'll see you

eventually, promise. I just can't bear to 

celebrate this holiday without your father.

Love, Mom

A single tear fell from my eye and landed on the letter. Just because my mother couldn't deal with celebrating didn't mean I didn't want to. All I wanted to do was see her but now I was going to be alone. I was the only Gryffindor staying behind for the holidays now.

There was a knock on the door so I quickly wiped away my tears and said"come in."

"Excited to finally get home, "Fred smiled as he walked in the door.

"Well, actually turns out I'm not going anywhere," I said, putting a fake smile on my face.

"What do you mean?"

"My mother sent me a letter today saying I'll be staying here at Hogwarts...all alone"

"I'm not going to let that happen"

"What can you do about it?"

"You're coming with us"

"Seriously" I looked up from the ground and smiled at Freddie.

"Yeah, my parents love you more than they love me"He laughed.

I hugged him tightly and he ran his hands through my hair. My head was against his chest and I could feel his heart pounding. It made me happy for just a moment, which recently was hard because of everything that's happened this year.

________________________________

We got off the train and headed for the meeting place for the order. This is where we were spending Christmas this year instead of the burrow. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, and I all came back together this year. We walked inside the door and Mrs. Weasley started hugging us all.

"Alexa, I didn't expect to see you here," She said surprised.

"My mom made last-minute changes and I was supposed to stay at Hogwarts but then Fred invited me to come here, "I explained.

"Well I'm glad he did," she said while pulling me in for a hug.

We ate a delicious dinner that Mrs. Weasley cooked with the help of Ginny and me.

"Smells delicious!"Mr. Weasley said while putting food on his plate.

I didn't eat much because I was too busy thinking about my parents. How can my mom just sit at home alone all day?

Ron and Harry shared a room while Hermione and Ginny were in another leaving me to get my own. The whole point of me coming here was so that I wouldn't be alone but I tried to reassure myself that I would be fine.