Chapter 50: The Announcement

Ok wow guys, thanks so much for nearly 17k views on this story!! I never expected it to get this many reads and votes when I started it for fun a couple of months ago. Sorry, it has taken me a while to update but I was really busy with school work and also trying to balance writing my other couple of books.

Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter, I am really sad because it'll be ending soon :(

__________________________________

The first person we had told our great news about was Fred. Even though he wasn't here in the shop with us we were able to send him a letter. We received one back expressing all of his happiness for us and of course that he would be an uncle soon.

Today we were going to have dinner at the burrow and I was incredibly nervous. I was in our bedroom looking through the closet for something to wear. I eventually decided on a light pink floral dress which cinched in at the waist but flowed loosely down to just below my knees. The neckline was a relatively low V that crossed from either side. I matched it with a pair of nude heels which had a simple strap over the top of my foot and another around my ankle.

I put on mascara and a light pink lipstick before walking over to the mirror. I looked at my reflection and smiled, knowing that I looked stunning. I saw George walking into the room through the reflection and he soon later wrapped his arms around my waist from the back and placed his head on my shoulder.

"You look absolutely amazing love, " he whispered into my ear. I turned my head and softly kissed him on the lips before saying, "and you look incredibly handsome." He was wearing a colorful, striped, short sleeved button down shirt which was loosely tucked into his pants. 

He let go of my waist and knelt so that his head was at my stomach, "excited for the rest of your family to know about you little one. I'm sure they are going to be so excited!"

He placed a light kiss on my stomach which made me smile and laugh slightly. "Come on love, we gotta get out of here before we are late, " I said while trying to pull him up.

"Ok ok, one more thing. I love you little baby, " he replied then stood up and held my hand while walking to the door.

We soon arrived at the burrow where all of our family and close friends had agreed to meet. All of the Weasleys(besides Fred who was at Hogwarts), Harry, Hermione, and my mother were there. We entered and received hugs from most of the people there.

"So why exactly did you want us all to meet here?" Ron asked curiously.

"Impatient much. Why does there have to be a reason, can we not just want to have a nice dinner with our family and friends, " I tried to convince him.

"You haven't done it in the past so why all of a sudden start, " he responded. I only rolled my eyes and continued to say hi to everyone else.

We all entered the dining room and started to eat the meal that Molly had made. I sat next to George with Harry on my other side. The meal was delicious and I ate way more than anyone else had. I didn't mean to, I was just quite hungry.

"Merlin Lex, I think you've eaten more than Ronald, " Hermione said towards the end of dinner. 

Ron looked up from his food and scowled saying, "what is that supposed to mean?"

I just rolled my eyes then looked over to George. He nodded his head in response which caused more butterflies to fly around in my stomach. I was so nervous to tell everyone the news, I knew they would be ecstatic but it still scared me.

We both stood up in our chairs which caused everyone to look over to us. I held onto George's hand as he began to talk, "so if you haven't already guessed we didn't bring you guys here for no reason."