Chapter 47: Sixth Year

Thank you for 8k views!!! It's honestly unbelievable to me. I have gotten so many kind comments and DMs on my Instagram about how much you guys love my book and it truly means a lot<3

Enjoy the chapter, it gets a bit happier :)

_______________________________

A few months later nothing had really changed. I was still equally as sad over Fred's death and had yet to cry in front of George over it.

All of a sudden an owl had flown in through the open window. I turned to look to George, hoping he would have some sort of explanation. Instead, he just shrugged and went back to what he was doing.

I grabbed the envelope from in between the owl's claws and watched as he flew back out the window. The letter was cream-colored with the same red wax seal my first letter from Hogwarts had. 

I ripped it open and began to read what was inside. The gist of the letter was that they were allowing sixth-year students to repeat their last year due to the events that happened.

"So what is the letter all about?" George asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"They are letting sixth years repeat the school year, " I replied.

"You should go back, " he answered.

I looked at him as if he were crazy and simply said, "what?"

"I said you should go back, finish your sixth year, " he explained.

"Why would I do that, I'm supposed to be here for you, " I protested.

"We both know you are miserable right now, please go back and at least see some other faces. If you don't like it you can always come back."

I was still unsure about the whole situation but decided to try it. What's the worst that could happen?

_________________________________

A week later I had all of my things packed and ready. I walked out the door behind George and headed for Kings Cross Station.

When we arrived I saw a few familiar faces. There was a tap on the back of my shoulder and I quickly turned around.

"I didn't realize you were coming back for another year of school Lex, " Hermione said with a bright smile.

"George convinced me too, I didn't know you were coming back either, " I replied.

"Sit with me on the train, will you?" she asked.

I nodded my head before looking around to see who else was here. "I'll be right there, " I said before walking towards a blob of platinum blonde hair.

"Draco, is that you?" I asked before my suspicion was confirmed. 

"Lex, hey there. About what happened last time, " he started to say before I cut him off.

"It's fine, I know how you feel, " I said reassuringly. I wrapped my arms around him which shocked him at first but eventually he melted into the hug.

I returned to George and embraced him in a hug as well. When we pulled away he placed his hand under my chin and looked straight into my eyes.

"If you ever want to come back just let me know. Besides, I'll be staying in your flat, " he said with a slight laugh.

"Of course, I'll miss you, Georgie, " I said while standing on my tippy toes to reach his lips.

"I'll miss you too, write to me when you get there and do come back for the holidays, " he smiled softly.

"You know I will, I've got to go now, " I said while waving goodbye.