Chapter 13: Dumbledore's Army

Thanks so much for 200 views :) I love every single one of you who is reading! Enjoy the chapter, it's a long one.

____________________________________

It was the first day back at Hogwarts and everyone sat in the Gryffindor common room silently watching Harry walk in. 

In the newspaper, there were terrible lies about Cedric's death since no one but Harry was actually there to see it. I found it disgusting that anyone would believe that rubbish. 

Seamus walked up to Harry and started arguing, I looked down to the floor. Fights always made me uncomfortable, I hated how people could just argue about things that weren't necessary. Ron walked in and broke up the verbal argument.

I stood up and walked up to my dorm room. When I turned around to close the door I saw that the Twins had followed me upstairs.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that you can't  be up here?"

"You might as well stop telling us"Fred laughed.

"We're never going to stop"George winked.

I just laughed and walked all the way into my room. 

"Did you ever end up getting a letter back from your parents?"George asked.

I sighed and simply replied with no. I was beginning to become even more worried. My parents have never gone longer than a month without writing to me, and it's been three.

_________________________________

I headed to my first class of the day, Defense against the Dark arts. As always we had a new teacher this year. I sat down next to Hermione and waited for them to arrive. We heard the clicking of heels and turned around to see women wearing all pink walking with her head held high.

She handed out textbooks and began to explain how the class would work.

Hermione raised her hand"There is nothing in here about using defensive spells."

"Using spells," She said while letting out the most annoying laugh I've ever heard"Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"We aren't going to do magic" Ron muttered. 

"We will be learning about spells in a secure, risk-free way" She replied.

"What use is that when you won't be attacked in a secure, risk-free way" Harry stated.

"It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge would be sufficient, which is after all, what school is all about"

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there" Harry interrupted.

"There is nothing out there dear," She said all smiley" Who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know maybe...Lord Voldemort" Harry responded.

The room became silent and everyone started whispering. "Now let me make this quite clear, you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This. Is. A. Lie."She stated clearly.

"It's not a lie! I saw him, I fought him"Harry raised his voice at her.

"Detention Mr. Potter"

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead at his own accord." 

I felt my heartbreak for a minute when they brought up Cedric's name.

Eventually class had ended and all of the students left.