Chapter 12: Summer Break

It is the day after Cedric died, and I had skipped all of my classes. That's very unusual but I was allowed not to because I can't go anywhere without crying.

There was a knock on the door and I asked"who is it?"

"It's us" they responded.

"Freddie how do you expect me to know who it is when all you say is it's us"

George opened the door and walked in"Well you obviously knew who it was anyway"

I laughed slightly than immediately went back to the sad state I had been in all day.

"We just wanted to come and see how you were doing." They say on either side of me on my bed.

"Thank you, but you guys aren't supposed to be up here."

"That's never stopped us before," they said at the same time.

I lifted my hand to my neck and wrapped my fingers around the golden ring. I hadn't taken it off and I had decided I would never take it off. I started crying again and George wrapped his arm around me and let me rest my head on his shoulder.

Fred brushed the hair out of my face and said"have you been like this all day? "

I muttered"basically, I just feel guilty. "

"Darling, how many times to we have to tell you it's not your fault" George tried reassuring me.

"I know and I'm trying to believe it but...I didn't tell you this but I heard him talking to his father in the tent before the challenge."

"Well, what did he say," Fred asked.

I took a deep breath in, trying to stop my tears from falling"He said he didn't feel like doing the maze and that he couldn't stop thinking about me. What if w-when "I paused not being able to say that he died.

"Come with us, we're going to Hogsmeade," Fred said standing up.

I looked into his eyes with a confused face. "What?"

"I said, we're going to Hogsmeade. "He replied confidently"I'm not letting you sit in here all day like this. Besides, I don't think Cedric would want you crying about him in here all day."

I kind of knew Fred was right, but I didn't feel like doing anything. I stood up knowing that the twins wouldn't leave me alone until I did what they asked.

When we arrived at Hogsmeade the first place we went to was Honeydukes. George opened the door for me and motioned for me to walk in. I just froze in place, remembering the first date me and Cedric have ever gone on.

"What's wrong?"George asked. I felt the tears coming back to my eyes and I tried my hardest to blink them away

"This i-is where we had...our first date" I choked out"When you guys were spying on us"

"Oh, right sorry about that"Fred said, "Maybe this wasn't the best place to go."

"No, I have to do it. Like you said Cedric would want me to."I walked into the store and breathed in the sweet smell of candies. The memories of Cedric flashed through my mind as I tried to not collapse in the middle of the store. 

Fred grabbed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile"You got this."

I breathed in and looked at all the candies on the shelves. I grabbed saltwater taffy and Chocolate frogs, just like I had done with Cedric. When I walked over to the register George came over handing me a box of peanut butter chocolates, "You missed one" He said.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek and hugged him, pressing my face against his chest. He ran his hands through my hair gently. "How did you know?"I asked.

"You're the one who found out we spied on you"He laughed slightly then pulled me in closer.

________________________________

Summer break starts tomorrow and I can't wait. I have been missing my parents a lot recently. We send letters back and forth as often as possible but it's not the same as seeing them in real life. 

Speaking of letters my parent's owl flew in my window. I grabbed the letter that she dropped on my desk"Thank you" I called smiling.

The letter read:

Dear Alexa, 

I spoke to the Weasley's mother and you will be 

staying with them for the summer. Your father

and I have a business trip that we must go on.

I love and miss you so much, honey

Love, Mom

That was odd because my parents have never been on a business trip before. Also, it looked like the scroll was wet, almost like tear stains. I just ignored it though, she must just be upset for not getting to see me. I was upset as well, but I love staying at the Weasley's so it's alright.

I headed to the train will all of my belongings, there I met up with Fred, George, Hermione, Ron, and Harry. 

"Are you excited to get home?"Freddie asked.

"Did your mother not tell you?"I said confused, "I'm going home with you guys for the summer."

"Really?"George asked excitedly.

"Yeah, my parents had to go on some business trip or something."

We walked onto the train and got into an empty compartment. I sat between Fred and George while Ron, Harry, and Hermione sat opposite to us. On the way to the Weasley's house, I fell asleep on the train with my head on Fred's shoulder.

_________________________________

I had been at the Weasley's house for a month and hadn't heard anything from my parents. The day I had gotten there I wrote to them to tell them all was well and I had made it there. I had also written various other letters telling them about my summer. I tried to not worry but I always overthink everything. 

"Hey darling" George opened the door startling me.

"Don't you know how to knock?"I asked.

"Knocking is no fun"

"What if I was in here naked or something?"

"Than lucky me" He laughed. 

I rolled my eyes and playfully punched his arm."You're disgusting"

I turned back to my desk to continue writing the fourth letter to my parents. 

"What are you writing?"

"Just another letter to my parents."

"Did they finally answer? "George said smiling brightly.

"No, and that's why I'm writing"I looked to the ground, "I'm beginning to get worried"

"It's alright," He said raising my face so he could look into my eyes, "I'm sure they are alright."

He kissed me gently on the forehead and walked towards the door. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot what I came up here for. Breakfast is ready, we're having pancakes"

I laughed and followed him downstairs, my letter will always be there when I'm done.

___________________________________

Sorry, the chapter's kinda on the shorter side but still, hope you enjoyed it :)

Next chapter they are going to be back in school and I just didn't see it fitting to call the chapter "Summer Break" and have them go back to school. Plus I had no other idea for what I could possibly call this chapter so...

But please make sure to comment, I'd love to read your thoughts.