Chapter 43: The Battle Pt. 3

Thank you for 1.9k views, it's crazy to me how much this book is growing. It feels like just yesterday I was thanking you for 100 and now we are nearly at 2k!

Enjoy the chapter, it's a bit sad in the beginning  :(

______________________________________

*George's POV*

After a while of fighting, I returned to the great hall just as many others had. When I walked in I saw students, teachers, and others who came to help spread out across the floor. Some were bleeding, others crying, and many lay dead.

It was terrible to have to stand there and look at all the bodies underneath blankets, not knowing who could be under them.

When I walked down the aisle some people were staring at me oddly. I didn't know exactly why, did I do something wrong? I saw Lee Jordan across the room and went to talk to him.

He looked up with a sad face and said, "I'm sorry George."

I gave him a confused face then responded, "What do you mean? Why is everyone looking at me funny?"

He slowly pointed across the room where I saw Mum, Dad, Ginny, Bill, and Fleur surrounding a body laid on the floor.

I looked back and forth from Lee to my family a couple of times then quickly rushed over to see what they were crying over.

When I reached them I looked towards the ground and saw a boy identical to me lying lifeless on the ground.

"Fred, no..." I managed to whisper out. I fell to the ground next to him and knelt over his body. I felt my eyes watering up and I didn't even try to stop the tears from falling. I hugged his body, his skin was so cold and pale. 

I stood up and hugged each one of my family members. I didn't know what to do, I had just lost my twin brother and best friend. Every second of my life was spent with him, but now he was gone. 

Ron came over and immediately started crying as well. I moved to hug him tightly, sobbing into his shoulder for just a minute before returning to the floor next to Fred.

I was crying so hard that it sounded more like I was choking. I tried to breathe but I was so focused on the loss of my other half. I didn't even care about the dirt and blood that covered my face. My pain and struggles were meaningless now that I had seen what happened to Fred.

I suddenly realized that Alexa wasn't here, did she know about Fred? Was she even alive?

"Where is Alexa?" I managed to choke out in between cries.

My mother sadly responded, "no one has seen her."

"I'm sorry George, " Bill added in, trying to be reassuring.

I felt like my entire life was crumbling before me. I needed to find her now, I had to know if she was ok or not. I couldn't handle losing her and Fred all in one day.

I jumped up and went running towards the door but my father grabbed me and held me back.

"I need to go and find her, let me go!" I yelled. The sound of my cries echoed throughout the hall, causing all eyes to look at me. I hardly cared what others thought of me right now, I needed to find Alexa.

"George stop it, you can't go back out there, " he said while tightening his grip around my waist.

"I don't care, I need to find her. Please let go of me!" I yelled more while trying to pry his arms off from around me.

"Please, please..." I yelled, turning into more of a whispered cry. He softened his arms and I just fell onto the ground, sobbing hard and harder every second. The dirt that was on my face washed off from the tears falling down my cheeks. I tried to rub it away on the sleeve of my flannel but it only spread blood from my cuts across my face.

I felt so helpless, the two people I needed most in my life were gone. My mind kept thinking of the worst. Even though I didn't know for sure Alexa was dead, my mind kept drifting there.

*Alexa's POV*

I had been sitting in this room with these terrible people for a while now. Nothing had gotten any better. I was still crying over Fred and worried about George. I wanted so badly to leave but there was no point in trying, I would get absolutely nowhere.

All of a sudden Voldemort and Snape had left the room. That had left only Bellatrix, Draco, and I in here. I looked up at Draco and could tell his mind was thinking just as hard as mine was.

If I didn't get out of here soon, I would probably end up dead. I was tired of waiting, a plan wasn't necessary.

I quickly stood up and tried to run out of the room as fast as I could. It was then that I realized I didn't even have my wand anymore. I must have left it on the ground while watching Fred die in front of me. I quickly shook my head, trying not to think about Fred. I needed to focus on getting away, I couldn't start sobbing over him right this secondo;.

It felt like I had gotten so far but truly I hadn't. Before I knew it, a spell was cast at me and I went falling towards the ground. My legs were now bound together as Bellatrix rushed over and flipped me aggressively onto my back.

"You thought you could get away! Stupid girl!" She yelled, holding her face an inch away from my own. I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes. The warm air of her horrible breath flew into my face as she yelled even more.

"You're lucky Lord Voldemort had other plans for you. Otherwise, I would've just killed you now!" she threatened.

While Bellatrix was still holding me to the ground I heard the door open and slam shut. She shot her head up to look around and see that Draco was no longer in here.

Perfect, and I thought he was a friend. Now what was I going to do? I was stuck alone in a room with a psychopath who wanted to kill me.

"Look what you did!" she growled at me. "You better hope Draco comes back or I might have to alter the Lord's plans. Of course, you'll still have to die when he wants you to. But I may just make it a bit more painful, " she teased me.

She sat up and left me on the ground with my legs still tied up. She looked down towards me struggling. A smirk slowly spread across her wicked face. She began to cackle loudly, echoing throughout the empty room.

The sounds of her laughter filled my ears, causing me to grow even more enraged. I was so sick and tired of Death Eater after Death Eater causing so much trouble. First Cedric, then my father, Sirius, Dumbledore, Moody, Hedwig, Fred, and so many more.

I sat up and reached for my legs, using all of the strength I had to try and rip the rope off from around my ankles. It was difficult at first and I was starting to get burns on my hands from the rope. I still persisted through the pain and finally got them off. 

Bellatrix was pacing around the room, still cackling loudly. She was faced the other direction so I quickly lunged and tackled her to the ground. She screamed loudly and squirmed from underneath me.

"What are you doing, get off of me!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. I just ignored her pleas and ripped her wand from her hand. I got off of her and before she could attack me I pointed the wand straight at her.

"how dare you steal my wand, " she yelled back with an angry face.

"How dare you kill my father! We're hardly even yet!" I yelled back. I then yelled stupify and sent her flying across the room.

I ran out of the room and down the hallway. I had actually just stood up to Bellatrix and taken her wand. I was having trouble believing what I had done. Maybe I was supposed to be a Gryffindor, maybe I was more brave than I allowed myself to believe.

___________________________________

Thanks for waiting so patiently for the next chapter! I was just really busy yesterday, but here it is! I'm sorry that I'm spreading the battle over so many chapters but it's just a lot to cover. I think there will be only one more than kinda wrapping up the book in a couple more chapters.

Also yes I was crying while writing the beginning of this chapter as well, but it's fine, it's totally ok :/

I hope you guys are loving this book make sure to comment and vote as always, I really really appreciate it <3