Chapter 46: The Funeral

Thank you guys for 6.3k views! I get so excited every time I come on here and see the number of views and all the nice comments you guys leave. 

Also sorry for not updating quite as often I've just been busy recently. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter :)

_____________________________

A week later everyone was invited back to Hogwarts for a funeral of all the people lost in the battle. I knew it was going to be a tough day for everyone, especially George.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked while walking out of the bedroom and into the living room.

"Ready as I'll ever be, " he responded with a shaky voice.

He turned to look at me and I could see the redness in his eyes as if he had already been crying. I took his hand in mine and we walked out the door together, leaving for Hogwarts.

Once we got there we met up with the rest of the Weasley family. It was hard to see all these Gingers without Fred among them.

We entered the school and sat in the great hall just as everyone else had. I already felt tears forming but I sucked them back. 

They started announcing names of those we had lost. Remus, Tonks, Lavender, Snape, Fred, and so many others.

When we heard Fred's name mentioned I gripped George's hand tightly. His head fell into my shoulder as his tears streamed down his face.

I took deep breaths to stop any from falling from my own eyes.

Soon later the funeral was over and almost everyone sat silently in sadness. We moved outside to the stone blocks which had the names of every casualty engraved in it.

While George stood with Molly and Arthur in front of the one which had Fred's name on it I stepped away. I was hoping to find a secluded place where I could finally relieve my sadness.

I entered the castle and walked up to the seventh floor. I waited as the room of requirement appeared. When I entered I was startled by hearing the cries of someone else.

I entered further and looked around to see the platinum blonde hair that anyone could recognize.

"What are you doing here Draco?" I asked. He took his face out of his hands and looked up at me with a shocked expression. 

"I could ask you the same question Lex, " he responded.

I sighed and answered, "I just needed somewhere to be alone." I changed the subject and said, "how come I didn't see you in the great hall?"

"I was there, just all the way in the back where no one would see me, " he explained.

"But why?" I questioned.

"Why! Because of this, " he said, pulling his sleeve up. I looked away because I had already known what was there, the tattoo just disgusted me too much.

"I can't show my face anywhere now because everyone sees me as the bad guy. I feel so guilty about all of this. If I had just never fixed that bloody cabinet, " he spat out sounding incredibly frustrated.

"It wasn't your fault Draco, you had no choice, " I tried to reassure him.

"Yeah, well tell that to everyone else, " he shot back.

"I was only trying to help, but right now you aren't helping anyone like you any more than they did before, " I said before standing up and storming out of the room.

I could never tell if Draco and I were truly friends. One second he saves me from the other Death Eaters and the next he is yelling at me and being rude.

_________________________________

A week or two later everything was mostly the same. I held all of my emotions until I was in the shower for an hour crying my eyes out. Even then I have held myself back because George had asked me if I was alright one of the times.

I wanted so badly to tell him how I actually felt but I was scared he will only feel so much worse afterward. It took all my energy throughout the day to try and stay strong just for him.

Throughout the weeks George had only gotten considerably worse. I could tell every day he just got more and more depressed from missing Fred and to be completely honest I felt the same. 

It was late in the day and I was making dinner. Most of the time we had quite simple meals because I wasn't the best chef and I also was too exhausted for something extravagant.

I felt slightly faint but I wasn't going to admit it to George. Then he would only ask me if everything else was ok and I wouldn't be able to hold it back anymore.

I was at the stove stirring the contents of the pot. I turned around quickly to grab the spices from the rack and felt myself fall to the ground. After that I didn't know what happened, everything had gone black.

The next thing I knew I was laid out on the couch in the living room. I heard footsteps around me and voices talking to each other.

"I don't know what happened, I was in here and just heard a thud then she was just on the ground, " one of the voices said, sounding very flustered.

"George it'll be fine, I am sure Alexa is ok, " another, more feminine, voice responded.

"You don't know that mum, I just can't have anything happen to her, " George said with a shaky voice.

"Georgie, " I whispered.

He rushed to my side and began stroking through my hair. I smiled slightly as I looked into his brown eyes that were filled with worry.

"Don't scare me like that Lex, what happened?" he spat out quickly.

"I just wasn't drinking enough water I suppose, " I partially lied. I hadn't been drinking much water but one top of that I was crying so much all of the water inside of me was gone. 

"Then we have to change that. Mum can you get a glass of water, " he called while looking up.

He then looked back down at me and gently kissed my forehead. He then buried my head in my chest and I could feel him choke up slightly. I moved my hand to brush through his ginger hair as he cried into my chest.

Soon later Molly came back with a glass of water which I gratefully accepted. I wasn't super thirsty but I knew I had no choice but to take it. I took a small sip then placed the cup on the table next to me.

George looked up and grabbed the cup, handing it back to me while saying, "please drink more, I don't want you to faint again."

"I'm fine Georgie, I promise, " I tried to answer reassuringly.

"Please, I'm serious Lex. Just drink more of the water, " he begged me once again.

"George honestly, it's not that big of a deal, " I tried to protest before being cut off.

"But it is Lex! Don't you understand!" he raised his voice. He then took a deep breath and said more calmly as a tear fell down his face, "I need you, I can't lose you too. I won't be able to live with myself."

I felt my own tears growing but I used all of my effort to push them back. Instead, I curled my mouth into a small smile. I then took the cup and finished the rest of the water inside.

I felt guilty for letting this happen to me, I knew I should've been more careful. George sounded so serious when he said those words and I knew they were true. If anything happened to him I would have been done for as well.

_________________________________

Sorry, it is still sad and depressing, I promise in a couple more chapters it'll lighten up :)

I hope you still liked the chapter and I'm sorry if there were any mistakes. I haven't gotten the chance to edit it yet but I really wanted to get it out for you tonight.

Lastly, I am sorry It's a bit on the shorter side :(

Make sure to vote and comment as always <3