Chapter 49: Two years later

Thank you guys so much for 11.8k views!! It's honestly beyond crazy to me that so many people have been reading this story. It makes me smile every time I see the number to up :)

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter <3

_______________________________

I had finally finished my last year at Hogwarts. It felt weird knowing that so many things happened at that school and my life wouldn't be the same without it. 

For the past year, George and I have been happily living together. After we knew Fred was alright, George felt up to opening Weasley's Wizard Wheezes once again. I moved out of my apartment and into the flat which was above the store. It was a little slow at first but eventually, sales picked back up and it was doing just as well as before. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss Fred. I'm sure he is happy pulling pranks on the new students at Hogwarts but things around here just weren't the same without him.

I woke up every morning feeling so drained and emotional, sometimes even sick. We only get to see him around two to three times a year. Once around Christmas and another during the summer. I missed him so much and even though George tried to stay positive I knew he felt the same.

George was downstairs working while I was just waking up in bed. I moved to roll over and immediately felt sick to my stomach. I didn't go anywhere though because it happens every day and I have never actually thrown up.

Just like that tears were already streaming down my face. I wanted so badly to tell George this was happening to me but I didn't know how or why. Instead, just like every other thing, I tried to shove it away into the back of my brain.

Most days I would eventually head downstairs and help George a bit with restocking shelves and things but today I just really didn't feel well. I was so hungry but I couldn't get up because I felt so depressed and sick.

I continued to cry with my hands wrapped around my stomach until I fell asleep once again.

The next thing I knew I was woken up by the feeling of someone brushing the hair away from my face and gently kissing me on the forehead. I fluttered my eyes open to see George looking down at me with a concerned face.

"Is everything alright love? You didn't come down today, " he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What time is it?" I groaned sleepily.

"It's a bit past twelve, I came up here to get lunch. Are you hungry?" he said while reaching to hold my hand and rub the back of it with his thumb.

"Yeah, I'm starving. Do we have any peppers?" I asked him while slowly sitting up.

He looked at me with a single eyebrow raised, "Peppers? Really love, that's what you want for breakfast."

I just shrugged and said, "I don't know, that's just what I feel like eating."

"Ok then, I'll be back in a minute, " he replied before walking out of our bedroom and towards the kitchen.

I slowly rolled out of bed and stepped towards the bathroom. Once I got inside, realization had hit me. I placed my hands on the countertop to stop myself from falling to the ground. I turned my head and looked into the mirror, straight into my own eyes.

My hands were slightly shaking as I rushed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. George turned around with a shocked face.

"I did not expect you to get up so suddenly, I'm almost done putting food together, " he said before turning back to his plate.