Chapter 38: The Fight

1k views!!!! What the heck that is INSANE! I love you guys so so so much <3

I started writing this book just for fun, and I still of course am, but it means the world to me that people are reading it and liking it. All of your nice comments make me smile and I want to thank all of you who voted and even if you don't still thank you for reading this far!!

____________________________________

When I heard the knock on the door my headshot towards the entrance. I saw Fred start to walk over to the door with his hand clenched into a fist.

"Fred, stop it!" I said while trying to pull him back. He ignored my efforts to pull him back and continued walking. No matter how hard I tried I wasn't nearly as strong as him.

When he opened the door I quickly walked between him and Tom who was on the other side.

"Alexa gets out of the way, " Fred said while trying to get around me.

"Fred please, You don't know what you are doing. Tom would never do anything to me, I fell for him all on my own, " I tried to explain to him. That's at least what I thought had happened.

"What is happening, what is he doing here, " Tom said with a disgusted tone.

"He was just visiting, but he is leaving now, " I said while glaring at Fred.

"I never said I was leaving, " he responded, "Lex you don't want to be with him."

"Yes I do, I love him, Fred, " I protested, "why can't you just accept that."

"Alexa he gave you a bloody love potion, " he said while raising his voice.

I didn't know what to say, I was startled. I turned to look at Tom, trying to read the emotions off his face. "Is it true, is that what the pink drink I had was?" I asked.

He looked straight at Fred with the evilest scowl before responding, " of course not, he's just jealous."

I didn't know who to believe, the person who has been there for me my entire life or the person I thought I was deeply in love with. Of course, that was a stupid question, Fred wouldn't do anything to hurt me. I slowly backed away from the door, trying to get as far as I could from Tom.

"What are you doing love, you can't seriously believe this git, " Tom said with a surprised and angry face.

I looked down towards the ground, not sure how to answer something like that. I just stepped closer behind Fred so he was between Tom and me.

"You won't get away that easily, " he said while reaching to pull out his wand. Before he could do anything Fred punched him straight across the face. I looked away, ashamed that it had to come to this.

"Stay the hell away from Alexa, or else, " Fred said while staring straight down at Tom. He had his handheld under his nose and when I looked closer I saw blood dripping down.

"Alexa, come on. Don't end things like this, " he tried to convince me. Instead of answering, I looked down at the ground silently. My brain was trying to tell me to go with him but I knew it was only the potion.

"I think that is a sign you should leave, " Fred said. Tom glared at him one more time before walking away angrily. Fred shut the door and locked it before turning back around to me.

"Are you ok?" he said, moving to stand in front of me.

Without looking up at him I responded, "yeah, I'm fine." He placed his hand under my chin and raised my face to look up into his eyes.