Chapter 18: The O.W.L.S.

We were back at school and I had just left the library. I finished all of my homework and studied extra for our exams tomorrow. 

I walked into the common room and was greeted by Fred and George.

"Hey, guys" I smiled.

"Hey Lex," George smiled but it didn't reach his eyes like it normally does.

"What you doing coming back to the common room so late?"Fred asked.

I looked at the clock realizing I just barely made it before curfew" I was in the library studying, I am incredibly nervous for the O.W.L.S."

"I wouldn't worry about them, "Fred said turning to George with a mischievous look on his face.

I raised an eyebrow"What are you guys planning?"

"Oh nothing" George responded.

"Nothing always means that there is something" I urged them to tell me what they were going to do but they wouldn't say a word.

"Fine, if you aren't going to tell me I'm going to bed."I gave up and walked upstairs.

*George's POV*

"Should we tell Lex we're leaving tomorrow?"I asked Fred.

"If we tell her she'll only try and stop us"

I knew he was right but I couldn't just leave her without saying goodbye. I was worried, we were always there, and what if something happens the second we leave.

Fred walked up towards the stairs he turned around and said"You coming?"

I looked up and said, "Yeah, in a minute."

Instead of following him, I walked up to Lex's room. I knocked on her door but instead of seeing Lex, Ginny had opened the door.

"What are you doing up here?"She asked.

"Is Lex in there?"I asked while looking behind her.

Ginny smiled and walked out of the room, "I'll give you ten minutes then I need my room back."

I walked inside to see Lex sitting on a chair reading. She placed the book down on the table beside her.

"Are you going to tell me why you're here or just stare at me?" she asked.

I looked away, I hadn't realized I was staring at her."I just...uh...wanted to wish you luck on your exams"I couldn't tell her the actual reason for me being here.

I walked closer to her and kissed her on the lips passionately. She melted into the kiss and returned it. 

"What was that for?"She asked after I backed away.

"I love you Lex" I meant it with all my heart. I didn't want to leave her here but I had to.

"I- uh-"She tried to form words.

"You don't have to say anything" I kissed her on the forehead and walked out of the room before she could say another word. I had to stay strong, I would see her again just hopefully sooner rather than later.

_________________________________

*Alexa's POV*

It was the day of the O.W.L.S. and I was even more nervous for them. It didn't help that the only thing going through my head was what George had said to me yesterday. 

I walked down the hallway with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. Entering the huge room there were many desks lined up in rows far enough apart from each other that it would be difficult for one to cheat. In the front of the room stood Umbridge and behind her was a huge swinging clock.