Chapter 39: Apologies

Ok, literally 1.1k already that's crazy. I'm so grateful for everyone reading this story. I honestly still can't believe we even passed 100 views and now we are at 1,100.

_______________________________________

The next day I was off from work which I was very glad about because I didn't want to run into Tom. I got out of bed after sleeping in for an extra hour or so. I got myself dressed and went to make myself a cup of tea and have some breakfast.

Before I could finish there was a knock on the door. Whoever it was I didn't want to talk to them so instead of answering I just continued to make my tea.

"Lex, I know you are in there, " Fred called from outside the door.

"I don't know an Alexa, you have the wrong flat, " I called back while rolling my eyes. After last night I just wanted to be alone, I especially didn't feel like talking to Fred.

All of a sudden I heard the door open and Fred walking inside.

"I locked the door, how did you get inside?" I said, sounding shocked and annoyed.

He held up his wand and replied, " I'm a wizard, remember?"

I rolled my eyes once again and turned back to my food. I knew he wasn't going to leave until things were fine between us but it was worth a shot to ignore him.

"George and I are leaving, " he said. I turned around, yet again shocked. 

"Where are you going?" I asked, trying not to sound as upset as I actually was. 

"To the burrow, it's nearly Christmas plus George needed to get away from here, " he explained.

I looked down at the ground sadly while saying, "because of me."

Fred hesitated but eventually answered, " partially, but he didn't want to leave you here with everything going on. He wanted you to come with because he still cares."

I looked back up with a hint of hope in my eyes but it went away immediately. "I can't come with you, Fred. I hurt George badly the first time, I don't need to do it again, " I responded sadly.

"Lex don't say something like that. George will forgive you, I know it. He only needs a little bit of time, " Fred said, trying to reassure me.

"Fine, I'll come, " I responded. I was still a bit unsure about the whole situation but Fred was stubborn, he wouldn't leave until I agreed.

"Good, just come to the shop in a bit and we'll leave, " Fred said with a slight smile on his face.

I nodded my head then returned to the kitchen. I finished up my breakfast but the entire time my brain was racing about how nervous I was. 

_____________________________________

I had packed my bag and was ready to leave for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. I walked out of the door with my belongings. I was wearing George's jacket to keep myself warm.

Outside I carefully walked on the icy ground, making sure I didn't slip and fall. I finally arrived at the store and held my hand to the door. I took a deep breath before knocking. Fred opened the door and motioned for me to come inside.

When I entered the store It was impossible not to notice the mess. "What happened here?" I asked while looking around.

"George kinda, well yeah. We just never got the chance to clean it up, " Fred responded.

"George did this...because of me, " I said sadly. I felt my throat drop to my stomach, I felt so guilty over what had happened.

"It's ok, don't feel bad. Remember you didn't mean to do any of it, " Fred said while pulling me into a hug. He had his arms tightly around me and I placed my head onto his chest.