Chapter 26: A Birthday Letter

Over the past few months, I had been back at Hogwarts taking place in normal activities. Since I had made up with Ron and Harry Hermione was also willing to forgive me. It felt really great to finally have my life back in control.

Today was March twentieth which also happened to be my sixteenth birthday.

"Lex you there?" I heard a voice coming from the locket the twins had given me.

"Yeah, I'm here, " I answered while pressing the button inside.

"Happy birthday darling!" Fred said happily.

"You are finally 16! We wish we could be there, " George added.

"Thanks, guys, I miss you a lot, " I responded.

"We'll talk to you later, the shop is super busy right now, " Fred said.

I closed the locket and smiled brightly, every time I heard their voices I was immediately happy.

I left my room and went to the dining hall to join everyone else for breakfast. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were already seated at the Gryffindor table.

"Happy birthday, "Ron said with a half-full mouth, making it almost impossible to understand him.

"Thanks Ron, " I laughed.

"We were thinking we could go to Hogsmeade to celebrate, " Ginny said.

"That sounds great, I would just have to get warmer clothes on, " I replied while placing food onto my plate.

After I was done eating I went back up to my room to grab warm clothes like I said I would. Off of my chair I grabbed George's jacket which I had never returned after the night of the fire. I held it up to my nose and breathed in his scent. It smelt like cinnamon, vanilla, and various odd scents from random candies in their joke shop. It was slightly covered in ash but I didn't dare wash it to make sure the scent never left.

I met up with everyone else and we started to head towards Hogsmeade. There was about three inches of snow covering the ground, leaving footprints as we walked by. A slight gust of wind blew past us and I wrapped the scarf Mrs. Weasley had made me more tightly around my neck. We entered the three broomsticks and each of us ordered a butterbeer.

I tried to steer the conversation in a different direction but the only thing Harry talked about was his suspicion of Draco being a Death Eater. Everything made sense, I just didn't want to imagine that someone in our school could be a part of something so terrible.

"Lex, you haven't talked to him recently right?" Harry asked.

"No, why would I have talked to him?" I said with a confused face.

"Well you guys seemed to be a bit more friendly I figured maybe you had, " he shrugged.

"That was a temporary thing, he forced me to take him to Slughorn's party. Besides you saw how he acted towards me afterward, " I explained.

"Well if you do ever find out more make sure to tell us."

"I promise, " I said with a slight smile on my face.

"So, did you get anything for your birthday?" Hermione said, changing the subject.

"Not yet, I did talk to the twins though, " I responded. "I just hope they don't give me another one of those boxes with confetti, " I laughed while remembering the gift if you can even call it that, I received for Christmas.

"I wouldn't put it past them, " Ginny said while laughing.

Once we were finished with our drinks we got up and walked to Honeydukes. I brought myself two packages of candies and was handed another by Ron.