Chapter 16

***Warning***
This chapter contains abuse of drugs and violence it may not be appropriate for some readers. Please skip this chapter if you suffer from addiction as this may be triggering. There will be a recap in the next chapter (17) thank you and take care my readers.
****************************************

Chapter 16

~ Rowan ~

"Women" I said shrugging and shaking my head. The old man next to me with a shocked expression. I lit up my cigar and took a strong puff.

We heard more commotion but I didn't bother turning around. The man still standing there trying to figure out what was going on.

"Don't worry about them, they'll be fine." I said looking around enjoying the view.

'My god she's going to kill that poor girl!' He said with worry looking through the glass.

"My wife is just mad her sister tried to sleep with me that's all."

'Oh my' I finally looked at his direction making my eye contact.

"Are you married?" Im not sure where I was trying to get at here honestly.

'Yes.'

"How do you help her when she's going through something?" I asked studying his features, he was probably older than he looks to be.

'My wife is no longer with me, she passed away due to a car accident five years ago. I still wear my wedding ring.' He smiled looking down at his ring.

"You loved her that much? To keep it on all this time I mean." I asked curious to know if it was possible to love someone that much.

'Very much yes. I loved that woman more than life it self. I'd give anything to have her with me right now even if it was for just a second.'

"I see." I said with a smile on my face taking another hit from my cigar. He went inside and came back with two glasses of cognac. He pulled out a cigar of his own and began to smoke with me after handing me the glass. I had to reach over the open gap where you could see how high up we were. But I didn't mind.

'With that being said, I always did anything I could to help her from her own demons. But its up to her to be strong enough to slay them. Always be by her side and seek help if it's too much for her to handle alone. She may put up a strong fight but you have to stand stronger. Show her you're there for her without being a weight on her shoulders.' He said drinking out of his glass, paused for a moment then continuing to smoke his cigar.

We looked towards the door hearing it open. And there she stood with a wet dress and light spots over it. She had a cold stare with no emotion, almost as if she was a walking corpse.

'Let's go.' Was all she said and turned back.

I looked back at the man. "Thanks for the talk and handed him back the now empty glass. He nodded and handed me a card after setting down the glass on the railing of the balcony.

'Give me a call some time. I can get your wife help, I know that cold stare all too well.' I nodded and went inside putting out my cigar.