Chapter 53

Chapter 53

(Flashback)
~ ROWAN ~

'What's the plan?' Remi asked as he looked straight ahead.

"Just make sure we don't draw too much attention, I had some of our men infiltrate theirs and they should all be scheduled to stand guard. They're should be more guards than usual since they're both out tonight." I said while I adjusted my briefcase.

'Don't you think they'll alert Frank we're there?' I rolled my eyes at his idiotic question.

"Of course they are, that's why I will inform him beforehand and tell him we came to deliver the key." 

'Really?' He said with a surprised expression.

"Of course not you idiot! I obviously have it all handled so when we get there we're only going to take a file and put it in his office. Ill do my normal routine and check that everything is going smoothly in their absence."

'Oh! You're actually not as dumb as you look my brother.' He said patting my shoulder.

I smacked his hand off of me. "Do me a favor and stay quiet the whole ride, think you can do that?"

'I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.' He said with a grin on his face.

The whole drive there I couldn't think straight because my mind kept going back to what happened earlier. The way she looked at me and how she ran her hands down my arms. Her piercing eyes.

Before I knew it I had already arrived at the James residence. The one that was rightfully ours.

I need to snap out of it and concentrate. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself. Everything must go according to plan and everything will work out.

I pulled out my cell and texted Frank, letting him know that I will be going in his office.

I got out of the car and went inside, there's no need for me to give Remi any kind of instructions. We've been going over this for the past year.

'Mr. James.' The guard nodded his head acknowledging my presence.

"Chris, how's the family?"

'Doing well sir.' He said while opening the front door for me.

Remi came in right behind me making small talk with Chris before entering the residence.

He was to just be himself and get in the security room to let the men know they were to tamper with the footage the second I went in the basement.

I held the brief case making my way to the office. Across from it should be the office that belongs to my uncle. Both with hard wood double doors facing each other. It was my uncle's idea to have Frank be across from him. I'm sure the logic behind it is due to the fact that Frank can never get anything done.

I gave a nod to the guards in front of the office and they both walked away without saying a single word. 

I quickly went in, I put the briefcase on top of the desk and opened it taking out the key artifact. I have yet to understand why my uncle used these whole ancient times way of hiding shit. Why can't be a normal person and just keep it in a good safe in their office, maybe even their room.