Chapter 20

Chapter 20

~ Rowan ~

Once the meeting was over with my parters I made sure to pay them their cut for this month. After they left, my best friend came in the room bringing his computer to try to track her call. That's IF she picks up, my brother sat across from him with his hands holding his head as he leaned on the chair, his feet up on the table.

I called again and she finally picked up, I hooked the phone to the computer as Knox instructed me to do.

'Hello?' She spoke in an accent.

'British?' My brother asked in a low voice raising an eyebrow.

"Where are you?" My voice as serious as I could make it out to be speaking to her.

'Wouldn't you like to know.' She said with her new accent letting out a laugh.

"I'm serious Drew, you took my keys and I have no spare. I had to break into my own car."

'You should have just left me alone mate, I'm not fond of that kind of treatment.' My brother and best friend looked at me with a questioning look narrowing their eyes at me.

"Oh really? It seemed to me that you were enjoying it considering how wet I made you." I said with a smirk on my face, pleased with ny comeback when I heard her choke on something. My brother and Knox with a grin smirking at me trying not to laugh.

'I'm sure you aren't calling me because I took your keys, what do you want?' She said changing the subject.

"You already know what I want. You've been testing my patience lately. I won't let you escape next time, I'm coming after you. Tracking you down as we speak actually." I said looking over to Knox trying to find her location but didn't have much luck. He tried to hear the background as best as he could. It was windy? We heard..

'Waves? The ocean?.. Beach!' Remi said, Knox nodding.

But where? I thought to myself.

'I almost got it.' Knox said in a hushed tone.

'Sure good luck with that, anyways I gotta go. Big things to do you know. Bye!'

'Wait a few seconds!' Knox said telling me to keep her on the line.

"Drew! Wa-" She ended the call before he could finish.

"Look at the cameras again, be sure to track anyone with a motorcycle. Check anyone who went near the beach or anything." I instructed.

A few hours later Knox found a lead. 'A storage unit, a motorcycle went in but not out. A white Cadillac came out but never in, on the same day.' He informed me and I reached for my cellphone again.

I called her once again and she answered.

"Where are you? This is the last time I call you before I find you."

'Mmh well you can go ahead and try I highly doubt you will though. Good luck. Bye.'

'You better expect me soon." She disconnected the call and Knox wrote down the address. It was a rich neighborhood. He hacked into the camera system and saw her go into a garage.