Chapter 27

Chapter 27

~ Rowan ~

   'Thanks Row, I appreciate you getting it for me.' He yelled over the loud club music in the background. It's barely 10 in the morning and this fool is out clubbing.

" I told you I would get it."

'Yeah I know, anyways I'll talk to you later.'

"Alright bye" 

I sat behind my desk, looking over the paperwork I had obtained from my brother. I had closed a few deals and alliances, these were crucial regarding territories for distribution. Allot of wars over territory have been done over the years, it can lead up to the fall of empires.

I need to take back my title for my father, revenge drove me insane. I had already tracked down most of them. I just needed two more, then my uncle last and I'll make sure I take my time with him. I wanted to be the one who would make him suffer and pay for everything. He blew up the car my mother and sister were on, my mother survived but my sisters injuries and burns were too much for her. She died shortly after, Regina was only six years old having so much to live for.

Frank is an idiot who doesn't know how to run anything, I made him think I had no interest in this business but did things under him to help him prove himself to his father, I don't plan on killing him but I will make him serve under me like I have been doing. He has no idea I have the key now, in those files my uncle hid all the proof of everything he did to my family including the money wired to the accounts of those who helped him dethrone my father.

I stood up fixing my suit after tugging my gun behind me walking out of my office.

'Nice look! .. . oh and are you gonna tell me how you ended cuffed to a boat?' He asked with a cocky smile, he made fun of me the whole way back to the mansion.

"Shut up Remi lets go. We have a meeting." He laughed and followed behind me as I walked past him.

'Relax, You finally look like the business man you've always been. You can't let a woman do you wrong as many times as that one chick. Oh what is her name by the way?'

"Remi, shut up for once." He kept on ranting and asking way too many questions. We reached the conference room where the meeting was being held. I was meeting with the Brazilian man that supplied cocaine for Frank. The guards wore suits and held their machine guns close to their bodies opening the doors for me. We held the meeting in the new family mansion, the place was guarded by my men. Those who staid loyal to my father and respected him and the way he ran things worked for me including the new members.

"Bem-vindo à minha casa, por favor, sente-se. vamos falar de negócios" I said taking a seat in front of the man before me.
(Welcome to my home, please take a seat. Let's talk business.)

'Espero que tenham uma boa oferta, como empresários nosso tempo é muito valioso' He said with a grin knowing he was going to get more than enough money out of me.
(I trust you have a good offer, as businessmen our time is very valuable.)

-

'Sorry boss, no luck. Wherever she is, she is well hidden, I can look through the cameras agin but I can't promise anything. I can have everyone on the lookout.' Knox, my best friend reported back to me, I knew it wouldn't be easy. She was too good, doing this for a long time, not even mentioning she never slips up. I guess this past week was the exception.

"Do that, if she is spotted make sure it gets reported back to me." I said pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Also, try to see how she would look like in disguise. She knows how to blend in very well, try to make models on how she would look like with different hair and colored eyes. She does that allot, im not sure how many different personas she can become."

'Alright boss, I'll let you know if anything happens. Also did you like the flower arrangement that was done for Regina?'

"Yes they were perfect thank you, she would have loved the bright colors."

'Yes I know, I'm glad you kept your promise to her.' He said gripping my shoulder firmly with a smile on his face.

"Me too."

'Ill do what I can to find the girl who has you all riled up my friend. But it'll take a while so just be patient.' He said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah yeah, go do your job." I said dismissing him.

I ran my hands through my hair not being able to track down my girl. Where did she disappear to this time? I can't believe I fell for that cheap trick!

I need to figure out how many fake identities she has, how does she do it? Keep up with everything and everyone? It must be draining but perhaps thats what keeps her busy from her own demons. I had plenty of my own, but nothing I couldn't handle,

I walked down to my basement, the rattling of metal chains echoed through the walls. The prisoner spit blood at me landing on my chest, the white dress shirt now ruined. I looked down to it and up to meet his gaze, a sinister smile came across my face.

"And here I thought you were ready to give me what I wanted." I said as I took off my my suit jacket and the now blood stained white shirt, leaving me with only my white undershirt and trousers. I immediately punched him in the face repeatedly until I was satisfied.

'Y..you... will.. g.get nothing .. out of.f...me.' He spoke in a hoarse voice looking at me with a death glare making me chuckle in response.

"Sure I will, I'll break you one way or another." I took out my cellphone and called Remi.

"Bring her down." His face had confusion written all over it, not understanding what I meant. His eyes widened when he heard the voices coming down the stairs. Remi brought down his youngest daughter, she had no idea what was happening. Her eyes wondering around looking thought the basement, her eyes widened when she saw her father. She covered her mouth with her hands, the bracelets were rattling making the sound echo off the walls. She wore a short tight golden sequin dress that showed too much cleavage, with golden strap heels. Her long blonde straight hair falling down to her waist, bright blue eyes stared at her father in shock.

'What are you doing?! Let her go! She is innocent!' He shouted full of rage.

"She came here voluntarily actually, isn't that right? Oh sorry what was your name again?" I asked looking at her direction, she was still in shock. Tears filled her eyes as she saw the sight before her, her precious daddy chained up with blood all over from being beaten.

'Daddy? .. what's going on?'