Chapter 46

Chapter 46

~ Rowan ~

"Anything new?." I said getting out of the shower. I was late already.

'I found a lead so I'll stay longer, go to the meeting with Mr.Santos I'll see what I find and call you back' He said hanging up the phone.

I finished getting ready and wore a black suit with a red dress shirt underneath. Paired with a black tie and a silver watch.

'So you gonna tell me her name yet?' Remi said leaning on the doorframe.

"I rather surprise you honestly." I said with a smirk on my face.

'Of course you're always full of surprises. Has Frank called you yet?' He asked giving me a questioning look. Knowing he should find out what's coming soon.

"No not yet, Knox will get the safe open after he comes back. Ill make sure to create a big distraction so he can get through and obtain the evidence towards his father."

'Where is uncle anyways?'

"I'm not sure yet. But I have a feeling my wife will help us take him down."

'Sure, you talk about her like she's a hitman.' He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Speaking of. Let me borrow your phone, I have a call to make." He didn't hesitate to hand me his phone knowing I wouldn't ask if it weren't serious.

I dialed her number, I had memorized it by now so it was like second nature typing it on the phone. She answered on the second ring, something wasn't right. I wasn't sure but I had a heavy feeling on my chest.

"Drew where are you? Baby please just tell me where you are and I'll go get you." I searched for my personal keys and rushed out the door.

Her breathing was unsteady, almost like the beginning of a panic attack.

"Baby? Drew? .. What's wrong? Drew talk to me what's wrong?" I stood still in front of my car.

"Nothing.. I have to go." She whispered hanging up the phone. I felt powerless. She's so far from my reach and I can't protect her.

'What's wrong?'

"Call the men that are with Knox. And demand them to find her." I said with anger in my voice no matter how calm I appeared to be. I was losing it.

I put the keys in my pocket and got I to the black SUV, making my way to meet with Antonio.

Soon we reached the place and we were now sitting upstairs talking business. Something about Michael didn't sit right with me. There's more to him than he leads on to be.

The whole time I couldn't stop worrying about her, she sounded so distraught. And my chest tightened at the thought of her needing me.

The lights switched off and the stage lights flickered on. I looked from left to right, a blonde with pale skin, a brunette with tan skin and a red head covered in... wait a minute.

My blood began to boil, how dare she?! Oh your punishment will be good tonight.

I know she must be here for a reason, she wasn't the only one who could keep character. I wonder if she'll notice me.

As soon as that though crossed my mine we locked eye contact with each other. Her face changed of shock but recovered quickly with a playful smile on her lips. Almost taunting me, teasing me. She danced seductively maintaining eye contact with me. Her eyes were so captivating and I enjoyed watching this side of her. So different, I wonder who she's playing this time.

My phone began to ring. I glanced down and it looked like it was Knox.

I excused myself and headed outside the room.

"Hey man-"

'Rowan! What the actual fuck dude! You never said she was the goddamn SheDevil!!' He caught me off guard, I didn't think he would panic this much consider what we do for a living.

"Wow wow hey calm down, talk to me what did you find?" He's acting like we've never killed anyone before.

'I fucking found her lair!! I found her-'

"Wait what do you mean? Lair?" I was confused at what was coming out of his mouth. 

'I found where she does her torturing. She's seriously psychotic! I'm literally looking at a wall full of pictures of every victim she's ever fucking had or something because this wall is basically full! She has fucking torturing devices and tools everywhere! There's even a guy here!'

"Hey! Calm down I'll be on my way after I get her-" He cut me off again, and that only added on to my anger from earlier today.

'Are you out of your mind?! She's dangerous you need to get away from her-' This time I cut him off giving him an order.

"Too late im right outside the room she's in and im not leaving without her. Don't forget she carries my mark. Now I need Antonio out of here so call his wife and give her a tip as tow here he is. Im sure she will be thrilled to know. Bring the guy and don't let him go, she always has a reason for what she does. Take him and go back to the house, report to me when it's done. Send me the address of the place I need to see it for myself." I hung up before he said another word. I need to get her out of here and see what the hell is going on and what her goal is by being here.

I walked back to the room, one of the girls wouldn't stop bothering me. Pointlessly flirting with me, she was starting to annoy me.

'Can I get you another drink Mr. James?' She said attempting to sound seductive. I looked up and froze.

"Get me two glasses of the strongest liquor you got." I said looking down at her.

'You got it Mr. James.' With that she walked away to do what I asked.

I saw her slip something in his suit, she was sneaky I give her that. What exactly does she want with Antonio Santos?