Chapter 52

Chapter 52

~ Drew ~

The rays of the pale moon light invaded the once dark room, it was about four in the morning and I didn't sleep at all. I was blessed with night terrors thanks to my chosen line of work and my colorful past... Well It started when my mother died, not that I haven't gotten used to it. My foster mother would give me medication to help me go to sleep. But that never stopped the nightmares, if I was lucky id be sleep deprived for so long I wouldn't dream about a thing.

My chest felt heavy and tight, my throat felt as if I had a knot while my mouth was dry. Luckily I didn't sweat too much, I've had these nightmares so often I didn't scream awake anymore. I went to reach for the nightstand beside me. And then I realized, I wasn't at one of my safe houses. I needed anything to numb the anxiety that made my body shake uncontrollably. I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves down.

I know it's early but I wanted some water, I always sweat because of the night terrors. But this time I just wanted to get my night over with. Once I relaxed a bit I got up and grabbed a robe and put my slippers on. I made sure to ask for a robe long enough to cover my legs. And with sleeves long enough to cover my full arms past my wrist. I went to go brush my teeth and to fix my hair for today.

I have to play the part.

I fixed my hair in a braided french twist leaving a minimal and simple makeup look. I didn't bother to change considering I doubt anyone will be up at this hour. It's 4:27 AM.. great.

I left the restroom and opened the door to find two new guards standing there. I had made sure to hide my new weapons in the room. There were no cameras set up in any corner of the room, I checked several times for them.

'What is it madam?' The guard on the right asked.

"Nothing I just can't sleep, I wanted to go to the kitchen."

'Sure thing Mrs. James.' The second guard said.

I walked in front of them and tried to stay calm and relaxed. I hated the after effects of having those stupid dreams. I would often shake uncontrollably and I had my arms crossed my chest to make myself feel more secure.

I stepped down the staircase and went straight to the kitchen. I didn't really pay attention to the guards and just began to inspect where everything was. The kitchen was huge with a huge double oven stove, white marble countertop and deep cherry red cabinets. It was beautiful.

I looked for everything I needed and began to make myself breakfast. In these times I often made my favorite.

'What exactly are you preparing Mrs. James.'

"Oh please, call me Drew. And I, am making chocolate expresso waffles, these are my all time favorite. Would you care for some?" I said looking back at the curious guard.

'Oh no ma'am we are not allowed to eat on duty.' He said right after me.

"Your shift should be over soon, I'll prepare some for you two anyways." I said giving them a smile.

Soon the whole kitchen smelled like delicious chocolate and coffee. It was wonderful.

After twenty minutes I had prepared food for about four people. I made three plates and placed them on the breakfast nook table.