one.

"estopia! essy dear, where are you!?"

you heard a loud deep echoing voice from the  floor below you. it was your father calling you. his sudden want left you puzzled, didn't he have company over tonight? usually he'd forbid you from leaving your room during times like these.

"yes father, i'm coming!" you exclaimed aloud back, scooting your chair backwards with a loud screech that echoed against your black room's walls. then, with a simple click of your fingers, a purple flame-like aura began to drift up from the floor in a small circle around your feet. your hair was blown upwards by your demonic power you had just summoned. in a split second, the floor within the ring of your aura suddenly began to fall into a dark pit.

as the dark energy grew, you let gravity toll on you. a satisfied hum left your black tinted lips as you landed on both of your feet-now in your father's meeting room.

the hole in the ceiling you had just morphed gradually began to repair itself. there were three men seated at the long dark oak desk, including your father.

"estopia! my, my, how you've grown since i last saw you," one of the wrinkled old demons gleamed with a sweet intentioned face. you beamed back at him while you held your hands behind your back and tip toed towards him. his name was mr tamaki. you remember him from one of your birthdays 800 years previously. he hasn't aged a bit, except for his longer twisty grey moustache. his horns were exceptionally thick and lengthy that coiled in he middle.

"i know, shes a lot bigger than she was 1200 years ago," your father chimed, "take a seat."
doing as he told, you couldn't help but ponder why he asked for you at one of his usual 'important times'. you dusted off your lap, scooting your chair forwards a little.

"are you certain she can do it? the world up there is dangerous," another one of your fathers workmates inquired, biting his fingernails comically. he was the youngest of the bunch, looking no older than 3000. you would find him attractive if he wasn't one of your fathers coworkers... and such a wuss.

mr vuelité. he wore black framed glasses that were nerdy but his overall complexion was sweet. he had black fluffy hair he didn't know how to style, clear grey skin, black mischievous eyes, small yet pointy dark horns and such a defined jawline.

"shall we hear her opinion?" mr tamaki inquired as everyones heads turned to you. one of your sharp black fingernails scratched your chin. my thoughts on what?

"of you living on earth, my dear," father pursed his lips as he knew your reaction that was coming. you glared at the old man with a piercing look. you could feel the veins on your hands pop out as your hair began to stand out with disbelief.

"earth?!" you repeated, baffled at such a stupid question, "absolutely not! that place is filthy and gross. why?!"

"see, i knew she wouldn't like it!" vuelité cowered as he sunk into his seat. your father held onto the bridge of his nose, squeezing it a little.

"calm down, essy. this is a serious request. theres a wanted criminal on the lose," his gaze darkened, you knew he was not going to let you refuse, "kuroo tetsurou. you know i can't have some monster loose potentially terrorise devils."

of course. your fathers job. apart of the royal security in the underworld. it was his duty to protect royals and the kingdom as a whole.

your eyebrows furrowed with your arms crossed over your chest, you asked, "and that has to do with earth and i how?" sarcasm evident in your voice.

"tetsurou had taken the apollyon portal to earth. we know where that portal takes you to so we can narrow down his location. what you must get out of this is... we need someone to find him," your elder knew what he was spitting was a bad reason; he also knew you weren't exactly stupid either.

"so? why can't any of you go to earth? why me!" you threw, hands balling into fists as you swung them down at your sides in annoyance. the men sitting in front of you dropped their eyelids.

"estopia, kuroo escaped to a highschool. look at us," mr tamaki laughed, "we're a bunch of oldies!"

he was right.

three old devils could never fit into a human school.

you banged your head against the table and stayed there, "i hate earth though!" you wailed, hoping it wavered your fathers decision. earth gave you bad memories. you had only been to earth twice.

the first time visiting was because your mother thought it would be a good place for a family vacation when you were only 504. in the end, let's just say, there were bushfires for the next few years around earth.

the second time was because you were throwing one of your many tantrums. running away to earth seemed like good discipline for your father. you were 1670 years old and wanted to scare the hell out of him. although to your demise, humans treated you like some kind of monster. they threatened you with weapons and crosses. that drove you back to the underworld feeling horrible.

after those experiences, you'd rather be hexed than go back to that place above.

"i know you do, dear. that's why it'll be hard for you to oblige. but i've come up with a brilliant plan," your old man reassured as you hesitantly brought your head up to face him. whatever the plan was... it can't be that bad, could it?

yes. it was ridiculous.

"how...?" you spoke timidly.

"i know she's not gonna like this one!" vuelité quavered, preparing to cover his ears.

"you... let me..." your father gulped, a bead of sweat rolling down one of his temples, "possess your body whenever i need to..."

a vein on your forehead popped, "you... what?!" you hissed as your dark piercing nails dug into the table in front.

you got provoked easily... mostly ending up with you going mad. it was nothing new, it was mostly normalised with your family.

"so i get no privacy?!" you yelled as the old men at the table shaded their eyes from your fiery aura.

"yes-but no not exactly-it's hard to explain essy," the man facepalmed defeatedly, "please estopia, do it for me...? for the kingdom?"

he glanced at you with his eyes dulling. you knew you couldn't refuse that look. you frustratingly sat back in your chair, crossing your arms over one another. your head turned away from your persuading father.

"i..." you breathed in, "fine. but on one condition!" a tempting thought broke into your head.

— "yes, what would that be?"

"you change my appearance to what a human girl looks like!" you offered, looking back to see his reaction. you only wanted this because of what happened in your last trip to earth. greyish-purple matte skin, long, dark as night hair, black horns and sharp black claws weren't exactly how humans looked.

your father looked at you surprised for a split second before nodding, "that would be a fair deal."

"be careful estopia. just pin that criminal down and your father can take over from there," mr tamaki shared with a smile.

you grinned to yourself, "hah, with pleasure."

%%
one. fin