failing and stalking

Her class has already started for a while when there's a knock on her door.

"Come in." She says, turning her head.

She forces her mouth to stay closed when she falls into those deep blue eyes. Her outfit is something else and, God, this dark red lipstick fits her so fucking well.

She doesn't really know how, but she manages to stay calm and she tilts her head to the side

"Miss Keyes! Glad you decided to join, but maybe you should consider waking up a little earlier, because I remember you being late last week too. Next time it'll be detention, sit down and open your book."

She watches as Alma sends her a glare and goes to sit down in front of her while she goes back to her lesson.

As usual, Alma spends most of her time looking outside the windows and Lauren feels like she has to make her understand.

"Alma? Can you repeat what Lea just said?"

"What?" Alma flinches and looks up.

"What did Lea say?"

"Uh... I don't know."

"Yeah because you weren't paying attention. Focus on the class or I'll make you move again."

Alma just nods, and Lauren looks away.

To be honest, Alma doesn't really know what's happening right now. One second Miss Jauregui is the nicest person ever in the gymnasium, and two days later she's the worst bitch? Alma isn't having any of it and she doesn't care if she has to become a mean person too.

She's seen enough things in her four years in this school to say that nothing and no one scares her anymore, even if she has to admit that Miss Jauregui is terribly intimidating with her dark black hair and gorgeous emerald eyes.

When she stares at you, you just fly into another dimension. Or maybe it's just her feeling that way about her teacher... Okay, that's weird. She thinks, and she goes back to listening to whoever is reading right now.

She has read this book so many times already that she almost thought of skipping English classes until this chapter is over but she realized that that's not really how school works, so she woke up and went anyway.

She looks at her book, but something catches her eyes just behind it. A pale, bare, bouncing leg. She looks at it, then slowly looks up. Miss Jauregui is looking down at her book, so maybe if she's careful enough, Alma can keep watching and it won't get awkward.