move

"So now that I handed you your tests back, we're going to correct it." Lauren says, wiping the board and someone knocks on the door.

She smiles at her best friend when the door opens.

"Alma, can you come with me?" Normani asks, and Alma looks at Lauren who motions for her to go.

But Alma sees straight through it, and she shakes her head.

"Nah, I'm good."

Normani definitely doesn't expect that, so she looks at Lauren.

"Alma, go." Lauren says, and she shakes her head again.

"No."

"Now is not the moment to make a scene, just go." Lauren says again, slightly raising her voice and Alma rolls her eyes as she aggressively packs her stuff and follows Normani, sitting in front of her at her desk as the door closes.

"So, I think you know why you're here, so-" Normani starts and Alma cuts her off.

"I don't have anything to say, can I go? Please?"

"No, you can't."

Normani looks at Alma's features, and she has to admit that she is really pretty and she totally understand how Lauren could fall for her.

Alma rolls her eyes and stands up anyway, ready to leave but Normani is quick to stand in front of the door.

"Can you please lift your shirt a little for me?" Normani softly asks, and Alma's mind doesn't comprehend anything anymore.

"I swear if you fucking touch me I'll rip yo-"

"Got it." Normani says with a smile. "I won't touch you without your consent."

"Let me go." Alma tries to open the door but she can't for some reason, and it makes her so mad. "Let me go!" She yells, and Normani's surprised, her grip on the door loosening a little as she can see Alma's anger through her blue eyes.

Someone knocks on the door as the bell rings and when Normani opens it, Alma tries to run away but someone takes her wrist, and that's when she reaches her breaking point.

"I said, don't fucking touch me!" She screams, her heart racing as she pushes the person who tried to get her. "I will fucking rip your head off, I don't wanna talk to any of you so leave me alone, for fuck's sake!"

She starts walking to the bathroom, not even noticing everyone staring at her and someone starts walking by her side.

"Are you okay?" Alisha asks, with worry in her voice.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you."

"I have to go to my other class, but can we meet for lunch? And also, I'd love it if you came over to my house tonight?"

"Okay, that works, I'll meet you at lunch and come with you tonight."

"Awesome. See you then!" Alisha smiles and Alma smiles back, watching her leave as she enters the bathroom and locks herself.

The school gets quiet as everyone is in class, but soon the door opens and a raspy voice calls her name. She doesn't answer.

"Look, I know you're mad but if you don't get out you're going to be in trouble. Why did you push him?"