fluffy

Lauren runs her hand through Alma's thick hair as she takes a deep breath again at the same time as the shaky girl in her arms.

"You'll be alright." She whispers, and Alma slowly exhales. "I really have to work on our next lesson. Do you want to stay in bed or do you wanna come with me?"

She shrugs, so Lauren decides to leave her alone. She might need a little time on her own, and that's okay. So she presses a kiss on her cheek, and leaves the room to go downstairs and sit at the kitchen counter.

She doesn't even watch the clock, so she doesn't really know how much time passes by until Alma reveals herself, her eyes and cheeks red from all the crying.

"Hi baby." Lauren looks at her, and Alma doesn't say anything, she just walks to her and sits on her lap for a hug. "Do you need anything?"

"No. Just a hug."

"Okay."

Lauren doesn't mind working with Alma sitting there, she's actually pretty tiny and also Lauren loves having her in her arms so it's a win-win situation.
Once she's done, Alma sits back and rests her back against the kitchen counter.

"I'm letting you stay with me tonight, but tomorrow you'll have to go home, okay?" Lauren says, immediately taking her hand in case it'd trigger her.

"I guess." Alma shrugs, looking behind Lauren to avoid her gaze.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. Thank you for staying with me, and also letting me stay with you. I actually have something quite interesting to ask you." Alma says, a smile showing up on her face which makes Lauren a little less worried about her.

"Really? What is it?" Lauren smiles back.

"Um... I was wondering if maybe you would want to be my girlfriend?"

When she hears this question, a heavy weight falls off of Lauren's shoulders, chasing the worrying away.

"Of course." She smiles.

"I really like you, you know? Like... A lot..."

"I really like you too. I mean, if I didn't like you that much I wouldn't be risking losing my job and probably going to jail." She jokes, and Alma chuckles. "I'm glad you're feeling better. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to but I really think you should consider going to the counselor's office, now that there is one."

"It's all because of you if I'm feeling better. But I really don't want to talk about it to anyone."

"I understand that but I promise it would make you feel better. I'm sorry but if you don't go, she'll be the one coming to you because what is happening to you is bad."

"It was just a panic attack."

"No. That wasn't a panic attack it was an anxiety attack and they are two very different things because one is a little bit worse than the other."

"I really don't want to talk ab-" Alma tries to get off of Lauren's grip but she keeps her there.

"Listen, I've been there too. I know what it feels like and it's not something that you should adapt to, okay? It isn't just a random harmless thing that will happen to you, it's something that should be professionally dealt with, get rid off and I believe it can be cured. You're not alone, baby."

Lauren's speech does make Alma's eyes water, but not in a bad way. It's weird to feel supported and to feel that somebody finally understands, but it also is one of the best feelings.

"Thank you." Is all that Alma's able to say, so she just hugs her girlfriend tight.

"Come on, let's make you even better." Lauren says, getting up and leading Alma to the bathroom.

First she wipes off Alma's mascara that isn't on her eyelashes anymore, and they both hop into a warm shower, full of sweet innocent kisses and cuddles. Then they head downstairs for dinner and Alma truly feels a lot better.

Although it had been a long time since Alma last had a panic/anxiety attack, she had never felt so good after having one. Especially after one that was as bad as today's.

As she's alone in Lauren's bed, Alma gets rid of the leggings she borrowed from her girlfriend which is making her hot and also kind of itchy for some reason, and she ends up wearing only a big sweater and her underwear.

When Lauren joins her in bed, she smiles at the feeling of Alma's naked legs against hers.

"I'm cold." Lauren says, and Alma giggles.

"I'm not." She answers, hugging Lauren.

Lauren turns to face her, the only source of light being whatever light is still on outside of her window, and it makes Alma's eyes shine.

"You're so pretty... I can't believe you're my girlfriend." Lauren says, and Alma smiles.

"You're pretty. Are you scared?"

"Scared of what?"

"Us."

"No. I believe we can make it through the whole year, actually."

"Really? Well, I hope so. What if we get caught?"

"No what if's. Live in the moment." Lauren says, kissing her lips so she won't answer and worry anymore.

Alma smiles against Lauren's lips as Lauren's hand travels to her bare thigh, her fingertips brushing up and down against it as their kiss deepens a little, becoming not so innocent anymore.

Pulling away, Alma looks into Lauren's eyes and smiles at her just before she kisses her a little more aggressively.

Every ounce of shyness has left Alma's body because now she's so comfortable around Lauren. Most of the time, Lauren being only in the same room as her can make her feel so much calmer.

Alma falls on her back as Lauren gets on top of her, not breaking their kiss, letting her hand slide up Alma's side and under her sweatshirt, but not taking it off yet.

Alma doesn't make it so romantic and just takes Lauren's sweater off and throws it away as Lauren cups her cheeks.

For a moment she really wishes she could freeze time just to feel Lauren's warm body against hers forever.