memories and new friend

Lauren sighs, watching the younger cuban walking to her. The music is loud and her heart is beating fast from anger.

"What?"

"Where were you?" She asks.

"I was with Jules." Camila says, and Lauren fakes a laugh.

"You fucking liar."

"What?" Camila watches as Lauren takes her leather jacket. "I'm not lying. What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving! I'm not doing this today."

"What are you even saying? Lauren, stop!" Camila raises her voice, causing some people to look at them. "What are you doing?" She says a little bit calmer when she notices the stares they're getting.

"I said I'm leaving. I'm not taking another one of your terrible lies."

With that, Lauren ignores the way Camila calls her back and walks to her car, slamming the door and putting her forehead on the wheel as a few tears fall on her pale cheeks.

She jumps when the door opens and closes, and she can just smell the alcohol mixed to Camila's perfume as the younger girl sighs.

"Lauren..." Camila almost whispers, putting a hand on Lauren's shoulder.

"Don't fucking touch me." Lauren snaps, and Camila sighs again. "Do not put you're dirty hands on me after-"

"After what?"

"Stop playing dumb, you know exactly where you were and what you were doing back there and I know for a fact that it's not the first time. How could you do that?!"

"Lauren, I'm sorry. It's not what you think."

"Oh yeah? You're telling me it's not your dirty mouth all over Junior's dick in the fucking restroom? That's what you're telling me? I'm not buying it. Get out of my car."

"Lauren, please, let's come home and discuss it, I-"

"Out! Now!" Lauren yells, and Camila slowly nods once through her tears, exiting the car as Lauren drives off.

Lauren finds herself drifting off again, and when she comes back to herself, it's because someone's knocking at her door. She smiles at the thought of Alma standing behind her front door as she walks to open it.

"Hi." Alma says, walking in. "I have to be home by 8 or else I will be grounded."

"Okay." Lauren follows Alma through her own house, smiling to herself as she watches the younger girl.

She makes her happy.

Alma sits on the kitchen counter as Lauren opens the fridge to pull out a can of coke for her student.

"I don't really feel like making dinner so maybe we should get some pizzas?"

"Okay, that works."

"I'll call."

Lauren walks away from Alma to call and the blonde girl watches her teacher's every move, from her lips, to her fingertips, and the thought of their two hands intertwining sends a shiver down her spine.

She marks it as a note in her head, to hold Lauren's hand, because she knows that it's going to make her feel happy. It might actually make them both feel happy.

So she walks to the TV to turn on some music, and she comes back to sit in the same place she was sitting seconds ago, waiting for Lauren who comes back with a smile.

They look at each other for a few seconds, and Alma giggles, taking a hold of her teacher's right hand. Ignoring the shock, she uses this touch to pull her closer to her, her blue eyes gazing at Lauren's beautiful pink lips.

Lauren doesn't wait to kiss her, this time.

Because she really really wants to, and she was craving this kiss.

Alma pulls away for air, giggling at Lauren's impatience when the older Latina puts her cold hands on Alma's back to kiss her again and when Lauren pulls away, Alma lays a soft kiss on the corner of her mouth.

"This is something that should never get out of this house. Am I clear?" Lauren firmly says, looking right into Alma's ocean blue eyes. "I don't want you to tell anyone," she puts her index finger on Alma's soft chin, "okay?"

"Yeah. I promise. It's not like I have anyone to tell this to anyway." Alma chuckles. "Please, kiss me again."

"Say less." Lauren smirks, putting her lips on Alma's again.

After a very soft make out session, the pizzas arrive and they end up on Lauren's couch, watching a random show and talking for a while.

It's 7:15 now, and Alma figures that she should leave in fifteen minutes just to be sure.

"Can we cuddle?" Alma whispers, not wanting to disturb a focused Lauren as she's intensely watching the show.

Lauren opens her arms and Alma beams, almost jumping into them as Lauren pulls her close to hug her.
They stay in the same position for the next fifteen minutes until Alma decides that she has to leave.

She kisses Lauren who walks her to the front door, and closes the door when Alma disappears.

-

"So that's why-" Lauren's cut in her lesson by a knock on the classroom door. "Come in."

The principal walks in with a small dark haired girl, and Lauren smiles.

"This is Alisha, she will be joining your class for the year."

"Hi Alisha," Lauren smiles, "take a seat,  wherever you want." She says, nodding to the principal as he walks away. "Alright guys, don't hesitate to make Alisha feel welcomed in our class and in this school."

Alisha smiles as she sits down next to Alma, and Lauren watches the youn girl take out her stuff.

"Alright so, let's go back to our lesson!"

"Hey, can you tell me where D203 is?" Alisha whispers at the end of the class, and Alma softly smiles at her.

"Sure. That's actually where I'm going so just follow me."

"Okay, thanks. I'm Alisha."

"Alma. You can sit with me at lunch if you want to. Where are you from?"

"New-York. I moved here because of my dad's job."

"Oh I see. Where do you live?"

"Um... Somewhere like, five minutes away?"

"I don't live far away either, maybe we can walk home together. We should hurry though, our Biology teacher hates people who are late."