merry christmas (final chapter)

"Come on, Tamsin, smile!" Sarah says, holding her phone up to take a picture of her daughters.

Tamsin is wearing a red dress that has a white bow around her waist, and a Santa hat that actually belongs to Alma so it's a little big for her, and Alma's wearing blue mom jeans and a red sweater half tucked into them. And also red lipstick, which she never wears, and is very self conscious about right now.

Then the bell rings.

"Oh I'm getting that!" Alma says, running to the door. "Hi."

She hugs Lauren, and pulls away to look at her. This black dress of hers really is her best look. Well, any dress, really. Even swearpeants.

God, she's gorgeous.

"You... look amazing." Alma says, taking her hand and leading her to the living room where Sarah is trying to take a picture of the very excited toddler.

"Hi Lauren, you look gorgeous!" Sarah says, giving Lauren her full attention and the brunette hands her a beautiful Christmas themed bouquet, which Sarah smiles at. "Thank you so much. They're wonderful, let me put them in a vase, I'll be right back."

Alma looks at Lauren as soon as her mom leaves.

"I know the plan was to make my mom like you but maybe... Don't make her like you more than she likes me?" She jokes, and Lauren smiles, giving her a quick hug.

"You look so pretty. I love this lipstick." Lauren says, and she doesn't get the instant look of relief on Alma's face.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I do. It suits you well. You're killing it, baby."

"Thank you. So are you." Alma chuckles and before any of them can talk, Tamsin speaks.

"What's your name?" The toddler says.

"Oh you talk!" Lauren smiles. "I'm Lauren. What's your name?"

"George." The little girl says, and immediately giggles when Lauren fakes a frown.

"You're so silly! What's your name?"

"Tamsin! This my baby." She pulls her favorite Barbie doll up to Lauren's face.

"She's wonderful! And what's her name?"

"Tamsin."

"Yeah,  everything she can name will have her name." Alma says, and pulls her sister's hat in front of her eyes which makes her giggle.

Everyone goes to the dinner table which is nicely decorated, and Lauren loves it. Lauren loves Christmas.

They sit down and eat, and talk, and laugh, and have a lot of fun which Alma loves. Never has she thought that this year's Christmas Eve would be spent with the love of her life and her healthy family.

While Sarah is taking care of the food, Tamsin is allowed to play in the living room, and Alma's just looking at Lauren.

"What?" Lauren asks with a smile.

"Nothing. I'm just looking at you. You look hot." She whispers the last word so her mom won't hear it, and Lauren gets closer to her.

"You look hotter." She chuckles, and kisses Alma once. Twice. Maybe three times.

Alma laughs when she realizes Lauren lips turned a little red, so she tries to get the lipstick off of them as they laugh.

"That hurts, be gentle."

"Oh Alma doesn't know gentle. She's a rough girl." Sarah jokes, putting a plate on the table and going back to the kitchen.

"Yeah, I know." Lauren smirks at Alma,who blushes a little as she finally gets the lipstick off of her girlfriend's lips.