keep it professional

"Where were you?! I was worried!"

Alma jumps and puts her hand on her heart, taking in the screaming that is going on inside her house.

"Jeez, warn me! I'm sorry mom, I went to my friend's house after the library but my phone died and I don't know your phone number! I'm sorry, this won't happen again I promise."

"It's midnight. You have school tomorrow. Do you even realise?"

"I do. I'm sorry ma'. I swear it won't happen. What's going on here?"

"Tamsin won't go to sleep. You, on the other hand, are going straight to bed."

Alma raises her hands in surrender and as her mom turns around to leave, her phone beeps.

She freezes when she feels the vibration and obviously her mom hears it.

"You're so grounded." The woman says, and walks to the leaving room as Alma runs to her room with a smirk.

She falls on her bed, and takes her phone to see who messaged her.

From: Lauren
To: Me
Had the best night.
Sorry that you had to lie, I hope you didn't get into any trouble
I hope we can do that again soon
And by soon I mean tomorrow when you're done with school
But don't skip Mrs Johnson's class.

To: Lauren
From: Me
I had the greatest night of my life with you and I am more than willing to do it again tomorrow :)

Not waiting for an answer, Alma jumps in the shower and then she goes straight to bed only to wake up a few hours later.

She knows what's waiting for her in first period, so she has no problem waking up and getting ready.

"I'll stay at the library for a few hours after school, I have a presentation to make and I don't want Tamsin to be in my business. I promise I will be home by 8." Alma says, hoping she's going to get away with it.

But judging on her mom's eyebrows when she says that, she's not so sure.

"No." Her mom says, as her little sister pulls on her pants. "You're grounded. I want you home as soon as school ends."

Alma picks her little sister up.

"But she'll be annoying again! I promise I'll be home on time, please trust me. What happened yesterday will never happen again."

Her mom sighs, looking at her puppy eyes. Alma hugs her little sister while looking at her mom.

"Please?" She whispers.

"Please??" Tamsin says, mimicking her sister. "Mama please?"

"Okay but I swear if you're not home at 8 you'll be grounded for a month. I will be the one picking you up from school and getting you back here."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise!"

She kisses her sister, then kisses her mom, and runs out the door to walk to school.

She's early, obviously.

She finds her classroom, and the door is open.
Lauren is sitting at her desk, reading papers, and she looks up as soon as Alma knocks on the door. Her face lits up.

"Hi." Alma says and she closes the door.

"Hi Alma. You're very early."

"I am." She sits down in front of Lauren and smiles. "What are we doing tonight?"

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?"

"I mean... whatever really, I just really like hanging out with you so whatever."

"Okay, well we can do exactly what we did last night?"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

Alma smiles and looks down at her paper.

"Are you good at mathematics, by any chance?"

"Not that much, do you need help?"

"Yeah. I really don't get anything."

Lauren gestures for Alma to join her with her notebook, so Alma gets up and walks around her desk.

Lauren takes her notebook and silently read her notes, while Alma looks at her.

Her lips, her nose ring, her eyes, everything is perfect with that girl. She's perfect.

"Okay. I think I can help you with that but I'm not sure." Lauren says looking up and falling straight into Alma's blue gaze, making her stop in her track and freeze.

The blonde girl's face is so close to her that she just can't seem to move.

Lauren's emerald eyes fall on Alma's pink lips, then she looks up to her eyes again. She looks down one more time, but looks up, because this is unprofessional.

Alma doesn't think that Lauren feels how close their faces are getting right now, so she's not going to point it out.

Maybe it's because she actually really wants it to happen.

This time, it's Alma who looks down at Lauren's beautiful lips, and when she looks up, she feels them against her as her eyes automatically close.

It lasts a few seconds but when Lauren pulls away, Alma pulls her close to kiss her again, her right hand going to the Cuban's left cheek.

Her whole body feels tingly as she can feel Lauren's incredibly soft lips against her own, and she never thought she could ever feel this happy.

Feeling her, even just a little touch, is so incredible. It sends so much happiness through Alma's whole body, and she can't help but smile.

"I'm sorry." She says, as she finally pulls away, hiding her smile.

She's not sorry.

"Should we keep it professional?" Alma asks, and Lauren flashes her a small smile, slightly shaking her head.

"No. I don't think we should."

"That's what I thought. So, about this math thing?"