27

Y/N POV:

"So what do you guys want?" I asked my girlfriends stepping in front of the food.

"What is there?" Ally asked.

"Well in meat we got barbecue chicken, fried chicken, bake chicken, and stew chicken. There's burgers, hot dogs, and steak. Then we got Mac & cheese, bake mac & cheese, Macaroni salad, potato salad, and candy yams. Then there's bake beans, red kidney beans, black eyed peas, and pigeon peas. Lastly we got coconut rice, regular white rice, and yellow rice. And small things you can munch on is tiny beef patties, popcorn chicken, and cornbread." I said.

Man me just saying all that food made my mouth water.

"Nothing here is ordered, everything is home made." I said proudly since my family has the best cooking.

They told me all their orders and I put out their food.

I stood there waiting for their reaction.

They all took a bite and their eyes widened while they moaned in delight.

"It's good right?" I asked with a smirk, already knowing that the answer is.

"Good?! This shit is amazing!" Ally exclaimed going in for another bite.

It caught all of us off guard hearing Ally cuss, but we just shrugged it off.

"I know right, my family know how to cook. You would never see them using only salt and pepper." I said getting my own food.

"Dawg Remind me to come here more often." Dinah said.

Half and hour later the party was starting to get lit.

"Yo Cookie!" My cousin Prince yelled to me over the music.

"Wassup?!" I yelled back.

"Remember those two dance routines we came up with in elementary school?!" He asked.

"Yeah! I remembered them by heart, why?!" I yelled.

"Let's preform!" He suggested.

I was hesitant because I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of my girls.

I was about to decline until my big cousin Kevin came up to us.

"Y'all bout to dance?!" I yelled super loud causing everyone to look at us.

I didn't even get a chance to answer because My Aunt Key Key yelled "You should Cookie. You used to have dem moves when you was smaller." She said.

"Wait you can dance?" Normani asked looking at me.

"Kind of." I said.

I haven't danced in a while so I might be a little rusty.

"Cmon Cookie. Dance for us." Mama Sam said.

"Nah, it's been so long. And I'm not finna embarrass myself." I tried to decline with a smile.

"Cmon Cookie!"

"Cmon it'll be fun!"

"Show us!!"

"Nonsense you're great at dancing!"

"Chile just come up here and do the damn dance."

Multiple were yelling at them same time, telling me to dance and I was planning to ignore them.

"Pleas baby, we really wanna see you dance." Camila tried to convince me.

I was planning on giving in right then a there but I stood my ground and shook my head.