Rescued from Dress Shopping

{that's caramels room if you can see it}

I sat in the center of the rack for about 7 more minutes when I heard Hiro whisper,
"Caramel?!"

I stood up, and he motioned me out. I dialed Gogo's number, and she agreed she'd cover for me.

"It's getting late, I should really get home soon," I said, shrugging.

Hiro's face fell. I asked him what was wrong, and he replied, "Well... I... just..."

"You what?"

"I was going to ask you earlier but obviously we got caught up in the whole dinner and dress shopping thing and-"

"Spit it out!"

"I was gonna ask you to go to a movie..."

My eyes got wide and I stuttered,
"Uh... I..."

He gave me a half smile and said,
"Eh, it's okay."

We walked in awkward silence the rest of the way to my house, and we said goodnight. I walked in, a little bummed out.

I crawled into bed with my makeup and clothes still on, and fell asleep.

And then, the nightmares came.

I was sitting in a chair, the wind lashing at my face. I looked around, not knowing where I was. Wasabi materialized in front of me, and I called out,
"Oh hey Wasabi! Where are we?"

He didn't respond. I started to stand up, but my arms and feet were bound to the chair by a bunch of snakes. I screamed, and yelled to Wasabi to help me. He gave me a toothless grin and pulled out a giant chainsaw. Gogo appeared behind him, holding a machine gun. And behind her was Fred with a giant mace. They slowly sauntered towards me, and I felt someone grab me from behind. I turned my head and gave a sigh of relief when I saw it was Hiro. But as I kept looking, his eyes glowed red and his face twisted into a hideous grin.

He grabbed my chair and started dragging me, faster and faster, until I was teetering over a large cliff.

Then he pushed me.

I shrieked, feeling the snakes biting at my wrists and ankles and myself falling. I began to cry, and the space around me turned into a swirling vortex.

Honey's face came into sight, chanting,
"Wake up! It's just a dream! Wake up!"

I screamed, and awoke. I sobbed. I realized Honey was next to me, and she embraced me without saying a word. I continued to cry, and she slowly lowered me back on my bed. She wrapped the comforter around me and kissed my head.

She got up to leave, but I grabbed her hand.

"I'm scared Honey."

Honey grabbed an extra blanket from my closet and pulled my fluffy armchair over. She snuggled into the blanket and and sat on the armchair, one hand petting my hair. It was soothing, but not good enough. I was still shaken up.

"Do you remember when mom used to sing to us?" I asked, yawning.

She nodded, clearly exhausted.

"Do you think it was hereditary?"

"Would you like me to sing to you, Carmela?" Honey asked.

I nodded, and she began.

Lullaby, and good night,
With pink roses bedight,
With lilies o'erspread,
Is my babies sweet head.
Lay you down now, and rest,
May your slumber be blessed!
Lay you down now, and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed!

It was the old lullaby our mother sang to us when we were little. I started to cry, remembering my parents. And the divorce.

And for the first time since I arrived, I missed them. I missed my mom's laugh and cheerful smile. I missed my dad's calloused hands and kind eyes. I missed us being together. As a family.

Together.

I closed my eyes, still crying, and my drowsiness overcame me. The last thing I remember was hearing Honey sob.

-------------------------------------------
Wow.
My parents aren't divorced, but I'm almost in tears right now
Okay tell me what you guys think
I'm gonna go find my tissues