Chapter 3: week 3

BLAISE PERSPECTIVE

When I first heard the news about Bells, I was mad. Mad at Draco, Professor Snape, and Dumbledore. This is the kind of stuff that is supposed to be prevented right? So why wasn't it? The first week without Bells was hard. I didn't make any friends. We three are supposed to be all we need, right? I feel as if there is more than Draco will tell me, and it makes me upset with him. I've known Draco for a while now, and I know that if he is hiding anything, he sure as hell won't tell me. I mean, we were never best friends, but I knew him. His family was my family. Whenever my mother was out doing whatever the hell she did with her boyfriends or husbands, the Malfoys were there to take me in. They are a pretty weird family. But, at least they don't kill each other for their inheritance. They did have a lot of secrets, especially his dad, Lucias Malfoy. I never could place my finger on what is wrong with them. But, then again, what do I know about family? I hate talking about my crappy home life, and I've already lived through Dracos'. I love hearing about Bells's home life. Her mom seems amazing. It's kind of funny. I lost my dad and I have my mom, but it feels like I lost both of them. Draco has both of his parents and he feels like he lost them too. And Bells doesn't know her father and she feels like she didn't even get the chance to lose him. I'm not trying to say that mine or Draco's life is harder cause that's not true. Anyways, we are all away from that now, so that is all that really matters. I know when Bells wakes up, she's going to want to know what happened while she was gone. There were a lot of things that happened in the first week, but I can't seem to remember any of them. It wasn't anything humongous like that. I might start off by saying that Professer Snape is a complete Dick. He doesn't even like Harry Potter! Actually, he hates Potter the most out of everyone else. I know, that's kind of strange. Blood comes rushing to my head. Just thinking of it makes me mad; Potter somehow joined the Quidditch team. And our Quidditch team isn't doing much better; they're still trying to find a seeker and a chaser. Just then, Draco comes bursting into the room. 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"That's none of your business," he says. I know it's got to be about Bells or Potter.

"Is it about Bells?" I ask. Tears start forming in his eyes.

"They say she's.. she's not going to wake up," He says. Tears form in my eyes. How is it that our group of three got reduced to a group of two in just one week? "She's strong, she will," I reassure, even though not even I believe that. "Don't be stupid, she's strong but she can't evade death."

"Snape's been on edge recently, no?" I say. Something is off about that guy.

"Yeah. He's just worried that he'll lose his job," He says, scornfully. 

The next day, I arrive at potions class. Everyone's talking about Bells. Snape comes in. 

"I've been instructed to tell you that your fellow classmate, Bella Rae Evans, is not going to make it. I'd suggest this be a lesson to you to not wander off," He says. I can tell Draco's going to lose it. Behind me, I hear Weasley saying, "It's bound to happen, mate. You didn't even know her. It was her fault, and she's paying for it." I feel like punching him, but I restrain myself. However, Draco can't. He stands up, and turns back. I try holding him back, but he pushes me and walks to Weasley. "What did you say?" Draco demands.

"N-nothing," Weasley says, looking at Potter, who looks away.

"The only person who deserves what's coming at them, is you," Draco says, while he punches Weasley, hard. I look at Snape; he seems to be enjoying this, because he lets another 3 or 4 punches go by without putting an end to it. "Enought," He states, looking at Draco, "Weasley, go to Madam Pomfrey." Draco punches him once more, and returns to his seat. Weasley goes. 

"Potter, accompany him," Snape snarls. Potter goes with Weasley.

Harry's Perspective

"Stupid Bitch," Ron curses under his breath.

"What did you think would happen?" I say, "she's his best mate." Ron stops.

"Are you defending Malfoy ? What happened to all the times I defended you!" He spits.

"No, I'm just saying that you deserved it. She was nice enough to you, what did she ever do to you?" I snarl at him.

"She's Slytherin, that's what. The whole lot of them deserve it," He says, moving on. 

"Maybe," I agree.  If it were any other teacher, Malfoy would only have one hit on Ron. We arrive at Madam Pomfreys' office. We go on in.

"Ah, another fight? Come here," She orders. Ron sits, as she works her magic. I can't help but to look at Rae. She looks so peaceful. I can't believe she won't make it. I sigh, and go. 

It's after all my classes, and Ron has returned. He's mad at me and doesn't even acknowledge me. I guess I deserve that. I go up to him. He's laying on his bed, training Scabbers, his rat.

"Hey, sorry," I apologize. He looks at me, and turns back to his rat. 

"I got a Nimbus two thousand," I tell him. He looks back at me, his mouth opened.

"How did you-"

"Mcgonogall sent it to me," I say, with a smile, "and I was thinking that we could send it for a test drive. But you're mad at me, right?" He rolls his eyes.

"I see what you did there. You've got to take me. I'll stop being mad at you," He promises. I smile and take his hand. We walk out, and as we are about to go outside, we hear some voices, so we hide. I take a quick peek out, and I see Snape and Madam Pomfrey.

"I'm sorry," She says. Snape's face gets red.

"I don't care what it takes, bring her back," He demands.

"It doesn't work like that, professor. I am doing all I can. I don't see you doing much, now do I?" 

"What can I do, Poppy? If I go see her, I'll be questioned, and then my secret will be out," He states, looking away where Ron and I are. For a second, I'm afraid that he sees me, but he looks away. "It'll come out someday, Severus." As Madam Pomfrey is about to turn away, Snape grabs her, holding her back. "You've got to heal her. It's my fault. Her mother will kill me," He says.

"Sev, we both know that's not the only reason," She smiles, and goes. Snape blushes a little, and also goes. Ron and I look at each other, and without a word, head back to the Gryffindor common room. "What do you think that was about?" Ron asks.

"I dunno. But we've got to find it out," I say and Ron nods. We walk back silently.