Chapter 41: Dumbledore

The rest of the year goes by pretty fast. I'm ready for what I'm going to do; stop Draco. I need to protect him. I can tell he's almost done. He looks more satisfied. I just need to know exactly when. "Bells?"

"Yeah?"

"Remember when I told you I might have to go away? Well, it's time for me to go."

"When?"

"Tonight. Thank you for everything. I'll see you soon, okay?" I nod. Tonight I act. It's not just Dray that I have to protect. It's my Dad also.

----

I follow Dray and the death eaters up to the astronomy tower. I see their encounter. He lifts his wand and Dad storms in. Now, Bella. "stupefy!" I stun both Dad and Dray.

"Bella, what are you doing?" Dad demands. I sigh.

"I'm sorry Dray. Forgive me."

"Bella." Dumbledore addresses. A tear drops.

"Dumbledore. Your end is near."

"Yes. I must say, I did not expect you to be working with Mr. Malfoy."

"Well, I am. I'm working for the Dark Lord. I have been this whole year."

"Listen to me, Bella. You're not a monster."

"No, I am. But Draco isn't. I have to kill you, Professor."

"Bella, stop!" Dad commands. I look at him sorrowfully. 

"I'm sorry. I can't let you guys do it. It has to be me."

"He'll kill you," Dray says, begging me.

"Let him. Dumbledore, any last words?"

"Be careful."

"Me? You're the one who is about to die. Avada kevadra" The green light shoots from my wand to the late Professor. Dumbledore is now no more. I wish I could have told him that I didn't want to, but I had to for Draco and my Dad. I wish I could have thanked him for everything. I wish this war would end. I un stupefy them. "Come on, let's go. We have no more business at this school." We go off.

----

"My lord."

"It has come to my attention that Mr. Malfoy has failed to complete his task and you Bella Snape completed it for him?" Narcissa frowns at me.

"In a way. Draco Malfoy did not fail. He was that close. I stupefied him and my Dad. There was nothing he could have done to stop me. Don't punish him, punish me."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted revenge against Dumbledore. He broke a promise; he didn't keep Calvin safe. He promised and he lied. I had a vendetta. It had to be me killing him. Please do not take this out on the Malfoy family or my father. They had no clue what I was going to do. If they did, they would have reported me immediately."

"Bella, Bella, Bella. You know I don't want to do this. But I'm going to have to punish you to keep you in line."

"I understand, my Lord." They brought me into a room and used the cruciatus curse on me. They also beat and torture me until my skin was raw. Everything burns. They heal me up because they don't need an injured soldier. The scars remain, however. Finally, it ends. I go up to my room in Malfoy Manor. Someone comes in; Narcissa. "Narcissa. I'm sorry for putting you and your son at risk. I couldn't let him-" She interrupts me with a hug.

"Thank you for helping him keep his innocence."

"It's no problem."

"I owe you."