Chapter 4: She wakes up

The next thing I know, is I'm somewhere bright. Shielding my eyes, I ask, "Where am I?" 

"Bell," A voice says. It sounds familiar. I take my hand away from my eyes, and I see who it is. Tears form in my eyes. "Finn?" I ask, "but how." A teardrop.

"You tell me. You're not supposed to be here," He says angrily, wiping his tear away.

"Maybe I am," I say. He looks furiously at me.

"No, you aren't Bella Snape-Rae Evans. I know it's been tough on you, but it's not your time. What the hell did you do to get yourself here?" 

I look away, humiliated, "Broke the rules. Hogwarts, Finn, it's amazing. It's everything we'd ever hope it was and more." 

He sighs, "I'm happy one of us got to go there, Bell. You gotta go."

"What- what do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"You can go back. It's your choice, but I want you to go," He snaps.

"Why?" I ask, crying. His expression lightens up.

"I love you, Bell. So much. But I never wanted you to come here. At least not now. I'm here, and I always will be here. I'll wait for you. Forever." I cry more. That's what he said to me as kids. He was my first love. "I don't want you to," I say.

"Well, I do. It was my time. I got in trouble a lot, it was bound to happen. I've moved on, Bell. You should too. Go back. Wouldn't want Malfoy to worry about you too much," He smirks. I shiver.

"Nothing's happening between us, Finn. I'll wait for you," I promise.

"Well, I don't want you to, okay? We'll be together someday, maybe, but not today. Or anytime close to today. I just want you to be happy. Don't wait another 80 years for me. Forever means forever, Bells. What're another 80 years to it, huh?" He smiles. I smile back.

"I'm sorry Finn, for everything," I apologize.

"Don't be," He says, hugging me. He slowly fades away, and I can sense I'm back. I open my eyes slowly. I see someone. Please do not let that be Mum. A shiver comes over me. It's Snape.

"Bella. What the fuck were you thinking?!" He demands. He doesn't look mad, though.

I shrug, "I- I wasn't, I guess. I didn't know-" I stop. 

"Know what? That apparently you can't ride a broomstick? I'm sorry, Bella, but you can't join the team." I nod.

"I understand, I guess. But please let Draco in. He didn't do anything," I plead with him. I decide to not tell him that it wasn't my fault, because, for all I know, it could be his. He nods. I hear footsteps, and Snape steps out. 2 minutes later, Draco steps in. He sees me and freezes. 

"Rae? No. They said you were-" He hugs me, still not sure if it was true. He punches me.

"Call me Bells, please"

"What the heck were you thinking?!" He glares.

"It wasn't me, someone cursed my broomstick. Draco, I wasn't alone," I say, scared to meet his eyes. I force myself to look at them. He looks sad, but also angry.

"Rae, I thought I had lost you. Who was it?" He demands.

"I dunno."

"Why had they said you died?" He asks as Snape comes back in, his arms crossed.

"They were right, I did." Snape spits out his water.

"You did? How are you here?" Draco asks, slowly. I don't want to admit, but Snape looks at me. I look away. "My friend. He told me to come back." Draco looks mad.