Chapter 32: The End of the Beginning

I walk into the dining hall. I see a boy holding another boy. The boy is limp and lifeless. He's covered in blood. The boy holding him is in a black suit. I come closer, the feeling worsening. No. NO. I rush to him. Calvin. "NO. YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME, CAL!" I'm crying and he's trying to make something out. He reaches out for me and kisses me on the forehead. "No, no, no, NO. You can't die!" 

"I have to. Goodnight, Bells. I love you."

"I would have had a baby with you. I would have." He smiles faintly.

"Ashley. Or Asher. We'll name him or her that. Do you like that name?" he nods. 

"Please don't leave me. Please, Cal. I'm begging you."

"I- have. to." Then he dies, in my arm. I'm screaming out. The world doesn't make sense. Everyone else blurs out. "PLEASE. KILL ME TOO. I WANT TO BE WITH HIM," I plead to the boy. He picks me up and wipes my tears. The Professors stand up and draw their wands, but they don't do anything. "We meet again." Zane.

"TAKE ME TOO. PLEASE." I beg with him, shaking falling to the ground. He holds his wand against my throat.

"No, I mustn't. This is what you get for defying the Dark Lord. You will succumb to him. You will join us. The right side. That's why I can not kill you. That's why you won't die, even if you try to. The Lord needs you, and he'll kill everyone around you if that's what's needed. Do what's right. You are a hero right?" I shake my head. He kneels down and starts choking me, "it would be all too easy to kill you right now, though. It was so easy to kill your husband. He was practically begging for it." He lets go.

"You're a monster. I'll kill you, even if that's the last thing I do."

"It will be. You know, none of this would have happened if you didn't take a stand to him. In front of all of these people. You've humiliated him. This won't stop."

"Then I'll make it stop. you won't win."

"Oh, but I already have. Be grateful. I let you have the best year of your life. I've left you alone for a whole year. You know how many times I could have killed you? Too many. I even let you say goodbye. I could have not let you do that. Say thank you."

"Never."

"SAY THANK YOU OR I'LL COME AFTER SOMEONE ELSE YOU LOVE."

"Thank you... for nothing. I have nothing to thank you for." 

"Bella. Just thank him," Dray pleads. Zane looks me in the eyes, his hand still on my throat but not squeezing it. "Fine. Thank you."

"What did you say?" He smirks.

"I said, thank you, Zane."

"You're welcome. You may have yet saved another one of your friends. Just maybe. That is if you don't do anything stupid. Stay safe, kay? Wouldn't want to return a broken parcel to the Lord."

"I'd rather die than join him."

"Then you surely will. After I kill each and every one of your friends and family. You'll change your mind in due time. Speaking of time, I'm far behind on it. Take care, okay?" He kisses my hand and turns away. "Remember, Bella. This is all your fault. None of this would have happened if you hadn't been 'brave.' Don't forget that, cause you'll pay otherwise." With that, he goes. I crumble to the ground. People rush to me. I'm covered in his blood. I want to be with him. "Please. Let me go with him." I beg to whoever will listen. No one listens.

"Please. I'm begging you. Let me return to Cal. I need him." I'm still screaming and crying. Just when I think things will get better, they get worse. 

a/n: I hated killing off Calvin but it had to be done :/

a/n: also sorry for making this such a short chapter