Chapter 17: The Double Date

I'm the second one out. Dray is out first. He looks nice; he's wearing a suit. His hair also looks nice. He looks at me and stares. I'm wearing a green dress that ends right before my knees. I'm also wearing a bit of makeup. I've always sucked at wearing Makeup, but I think my makeup looks okay today. "Bella. You look stunning," Dray says. I blush.

"You're not so bad looking yourself," I say, laughing. Dray looks different today. I can't place what it is, though. He smells different every day. Today he smells like roses. I love that scent.

"I wonder where our dates are," I wonder aloud.

"Yeah. It's okay, I'm having a good time here with you too." 

"Oh, there's Blaise!" I say, pointing him out. He looks at us and comes over.

"Finally, you guys are together! Dray you look better than usual, and Bells. I didn't even know you could put so much effort into your appearance," Blaise teases.

"She does, right?" Dray says. I blush.

"Thanks, Blaise. I appreciate it. Dray and I aren't here together though. We're just waiting for our dates. We're having a double date," I explain.

"Oh, that's awkward. I feel so left out," Blaise jokes. I chuckle.

"Get a girlfriend, dimwit. Then you can join in."

"Believe me, you wouldn't want to be there. Potter's coming," Dray mutters. I just sigh. Blaise looks at me. "That's cool, I guess." He says his goodbyes and goes. At least he took it pretty well. Dray and I wait for about 20 minutes until Potter and Daphne come. They arrive at the same time. I wave over at them. They run over. "I am so so sorry. Ron held me up," Potter says. 

"Don't worry about it!" The four of us fall silent.

"So, how did you two start dating?" I ask Dray and Daph. 

"She asked me out last night," Dray mumbles. 

"Oh," I say. Dray doesn't look so into it.

"How did you two meet?" Daph asks. 

"I asked her out last year, but it didn't work out. We used to not like each other. I asked her out again this year and she said yes, and here we are," Potter answers. I politely smile.

"Aww, that's so cute!" Daph says. Her expression falls.

"How did you two meet? I mean I heard the whole punching thing and stuff at the funeral but..." She trails off. I look at Dray. He talked about me at the funeral? I know he doesn't like to do that sort of thing. "I bumped into him and apolized-"

"No, you didn't. First, you made a sarcastic remark. Then you turned around and apologized," Dray corrects. I smile and punch him in the shoulder. "Shut up. Yeah, that. Then I sat down on the train and this boy and our other best friend, Blaise, sat down by me. We ended up getting into a physical fight because he pushed me because I was trying to annoy him by taking his personal space. So I pushed him back a little too hard and he punched right by my lips."

"And then she beat me up. Weasley had to restrain her. I was surprised. Bells, you really don't let anyone else win, do you? I never had a chance." me and Dray laugh. Potter looks angry, and Daph puts on a fake smile. "Anyways. How's, er, school going?" I awkwardly asks. No one replies. This is going great. We engage in some small talk, but the conversation went towards Quidditch. 

"Actually, Bells was the one who got me on the team last year," Dray says.

"I was supposed to be seeker but then my Dad said I can't play Quidditch anymore and later he changed his mind but by then Dray was already seeker so I became chaser," I say. Potter and Daph stay silent. "She would have been one hell of a seeker, though."

"Maybe Potter would actually have a challenge then," I tease. Dray punches me.

"You can be better at everything else, but not Quidditch," Draco says. 

"Not so fast, lover boy. I'm better at Quidditch. You can be better at losing. Guys, wanna play Quidditch?" I suggest.

"I think I'm going to head back," Daph says.

"Oh, you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah. But this was lovely," She says and goes. I look at Potter.

"Why not? As long as I beat both your arses." We play a game of Quidditch and obviously I win. Dray comes in second. "Told you," I say in a singsongy voice.

"How do you play in a dress?" Dray grumbles. Potter follows behind him.

"I'm just talented. I told you." We say our good byes and go. 

Draco's Perspective

I walk back to the Commons room. I can't believe she beat me. In a dress. I should probably check on Daphne. I go find her. "hey," I say. She looks at me.

"Can we talk?"

"Isn't that what we're doing?" I ask.

"You love her, don't you?" Daphne questions.

"What? No. I have a girlfriend and she has a boyfriend," I tell her. 

"You didn't answer my question." I feel bad. I truly do like Daphne. She sounds like a great girl, but my heart's not in it. "You want the truth?" She nods, "I'm in love with Bella. I am. I shouldn't have said yes to you. Don't get me wrong, you seem like a great person and all. But I can't force myself to like you"

"I know. I see the way you look at her. And the way she looks at you."

"She doesn't like me like that. She's made that somewhat clear."

"Then you are just another stupid boy. She's in love with you. Even if you don't see it. Wait for her. She's worth it."

"Are you mad?" She laughs.

"No. I wish this could have worked out, but I want the best for Bella. She's a great friend. And I'm glad we figured this out before I got too attached. Goodbye Malfoy. I guess I'll see you around." As she says that, she leaves. My heart feels lighter. After a couple of hours, Bells comes back. That's when I knew. Just her smile is enough for me.