/Twenty Four/

Irene's PoV

"This doesn't make sense. Make sure he'll rot in jail." I said to Wendy.

"Wait Irene, that's it?"

"As much as I want to punish this shit, I still have things to settle. The robots are all off Y/N is not fine. Please do update me in the happenings in here." I said to Wendy which she replied with a nod.

"I'll count on you," I said as I tapped her shoulder and leave.

As I hopped in my car, I immediately dialed Seulgi.

"I'll be there in a minute, please settle the reports immediately. I'm in a rush." I said as she answered the call.

["noted."]she said and ended the call.

While on my way, I keep on thinking about what just happened. Many questions running in my mind like what do they need with Y/N?

Why did they show up suddenly? I mean it's been a long time. The last time was when  KD died. I'm sure they were the people behind that also.

What happened to the robots? I thought they were made to protect Y/N. But maybe because the program is not so well, I mean the team maybe lacks something which is I don't know.

And lastly,, who's the boss that the guy is talking about?

~~~~~

"Report now," I said as I arrived at the headquarters. I'm now at the testing lab where Seulgi puts the robots. Umji's team is also here sitting at the visitor's couch.

I sat on my chair and let Seulgi speak.

"Well, the thing is the men that you guys encountered injected something to the robots. Based on the team's research it is a newly 'reprogramming' material that a person injects on a particular device or stuff that is programmed already. This is for them to be able to access the whole part being programmed in the device (robot)."

"What do you mean by reprogramming and also accessing the whole program?" I asked

"Actually, these are just our conclusions but Umji's team gave us some things they found out during the encounter. It makes more sense now."

"We found out that Daniel put a secret file on each robots' program. Basically, we can't access it now since it's all deleted already. But even tho we found it out earlier, guess we can't still open it since it is a secret file and no one can access it just the robots and KD." Seulgi explained.

"How's that deleted?" I asked

"The robots are also set to a program what we call 'self-deletion' wherein all files as in all of it will go if they wanted to. In this case, seems the robots are programmed to protect the secret file attached in them that's why they deleted it before the enemies injected the 'reprogrammers' to them and access them."

That's something smart...

"Wait, if the secret file is cannot be opened by anyone just the robots and KD, then why did they deleted it?"

"The 'reprogrammers' aimed the whole system even the robot's system. That's why maybe they deleted it immediately." Seulgi said

"Makes sense..."

Now I got more eager to know about the robots. What happening right now won't help. It just added questions to me.

Why the heck the robots are so eager to protect that secret file?

Why the enemies are trying to get those files?

"What's the situation about the robots? Are they in good?" I asked Seulgi.

She just sighed and scratched her temple.

"Well, we're trying our best. As of now the reprogrammers in the system are all gone. But the problem is how we can bring them back if the whole program of them has been deleted." Seulgi said

"Don't you have some copies?" I asked

"Daniel made the whole program rare and inimitable it can't be copied. Meaning the program of each robot is just one and that is the thing they deleted." Seulgi said

I let my hand run on my face because of frustration.

The heck is wrong with Daniel? He really made the robots so secured!

I hissed between my thoughts.

"When they will be ok?" I asked.

"A year is the shortest time. But more than a year if we'll make our own program that looks like KD." Seulgi announced that made my jaw dropped.

"Are you serious?!"

"Well yeah, if we did the exact program that KD did. We have to start it from the beginning. The faces, the traits, attitudes, -"

"Ok ok stop. This is so sick." I said as I put my hand up.

"I'm sorry Irene, that was the fastest time we can give. Plus considering that the robot will not turn good if we rushed it." Seulgi said.

"Guess Y/N really need to live by her own." I heard Yuqi said that made me look at them.

"She has us," Umji said

"Ha! Good luck if she'll let you come in her wall," Yuqi said

I just sighed in my thoughts. Well, Yuqi is right. Y/N won't let anyone come in her wall. The robots are the only thing who came in but suddenly it didn't go so long.

"Maybe it's time for our plan unnie," Chaeryeong said that made me look at them again.

"Huh?"

I looked at them and they seem to have some thoughts.

"No, let's just try to approach her. If Y/N didn't want us. Then let's proceed." Umji Gladly said.

"Excuse me, girls? What are you guys talking about?" I asked

"Unnie, this will be hard but it won't take a year for this," Yuqi said

"Keep it," I said to them and look at Seulgi.

"Seul, please do your best with the team to fix the robots ASAP. If it can't be really fixed, I'll proceed to the girls' plan. I'll go now." I said

"You're welcome," Seulgi said and smile.

"Girls, follow me at my office," I said to the girls and they all nodded.

"Go, girls." I heard Seulgi cheered to the youngers as I left the room.

I'm still hoping that Seulgi and her team will fix the robots since Y/N is used to them anyway. But I don't want to waste much time and also I know Seulgi has been up in this project and she really tried her best.

It's not that I'm hesitant on the youngers' plan whatever it was. They are still young and need to know much of things but after all, they were part of this corporation and all our mission is to give all the needs that KD stated, and one of them is to protect Y/N.