TWO.

THE two girls were sat on the bonnet of their car as they ate some muesli bars for breakfast. Their surroundings were peaceful for the first time in a long time, none of the dead could be heard, the sun shining bright in the sky, providing the girls with warmth that reminded them so much of home.

Bonnie handed Frankie the half full bottle of water as she shuffled through her bag searching for the other bottle, but huffed when she had no luck. She opened the car door and grabbed her cap and put it on her head as she turned to her niece.

"I need to go and get more water, do you want to come?" Bonnie asked as she slipped her backpack on over her shoulders, her hand involuntary checking for her knife that sat at her waist in it's holder.

Frankie nodded eagerly as she finished up eating her bar and hopped off the bonnet, onto the ground "Yes please!" Bonnie shook her head with a smile at the child's eagerness to go with her.

"Alright, hand me the bottle and grab your hat. Don't want you gettin' sunburnt out here." The young girl rolled her eyes as she handed Bonnie the bottle which she stuffed into the side of her bag, before grabbing her cap from the inside of the car and then slammed the door.

Bonnie nodded and took hold of the young girls hand as they took off to the forrest to find water.

\/

"Today's lesson, stealth." Bonnie spoke softly to the little girl as the pair walked through the woods and towards a stream they hoped would appear soon.

Frankie nodded up at her elder as Bonnie dropped her hold of her hand, "The key to being quiet in the woods, is being aware of your surroundings. Acknowledging that any noise you make could alert the dead, scare away dinner, or alert the living that you are near."

Frankie nodded curiously as they walked further into the woods, copying the adults actions. "You want to go heel toe, bend your knees slightly so all your body weight doesn't transfer through your toes." She mumbled as she squatted down to Frankie's level.

Frankie nodded and inhaled quickly, exhaling as she took her first step, following the words of her Aunt. Bonnie closed her eyes, listening to her surroundings and was surprised when she opened her eyes to find Frankie nowhere in her sight.

Bonnie stood up and looked around in front of her, before she felt a presence at her side. She turned her head and looked down, seeing Frankie stood with a toothy grin "Ok that was good, but don't do that to me again!"

Frankie lifted her hand to cover her mouth as she let out a laugh, Bonnie shook her head as she nudged Frankie's shoulder forward to start walking again "Come on you little shit."

The pair continued walking for a little while longer until Bonnie froze and smiled, Frankie stopped too "Why have we-" Bonnie lifted her index finger up to her mouth to quiet her "Listen."

They stopped talking, and Bonnie watched as Frankie could hear the slight stream of water and a smile made it's way up onto her lips.

"Come on missy, lead the way!" Bonnie smiled and lifted her arm toward the stream and Frankie smiled before turning and walking toward the sound.

Just as quickly as the pair began walking, Bonnie stopped them as she heard the cracking of numerous sticks and branches. Bonnie dragged her niece behind a tree, covering her mouth to keep her quiet, as she unsheathed her knife slowly.