TWENTY ONE.

TIME had passed and Daryl had found himself with a new group, a bunch of bikies and dumbass pricks if you asked him. Beth being taken felt like it was his fault, just like he felt the prison was his fault, he was troubled.

It did not make him feel any better when this new group attacked his friends "Rick?" Daryl gruffly spoke in shock as he was held at gunpoint by his 'new' group leader, Joe.

"Leave them alone, Joe." Daryl grunted as he made eye contact with Rick before he was attacked by the other members of the group, "Teach him fellas." Joe yelled "Teach him all the way."

Rick watched the scene on the edge of his seat, wanting to get up and help the man who had become as close as his brother. The sound of the car door opening, caused Michonne and Rick to squirm in their seats as Carl was forced onto his stomach and the man above him undoing his belt.

Michonne felt sick, she knew what would happen if they did not do something quick, her and Carl would be assaulted and Rick and Daryl killed. "Listen, it was just me, just me." Rick pleaded through his teeth as Carl was held with a knife against his throat.

Daryls beating could still be heard by the man, the sound of the beatdown caused more anger to flare within the man "We're reasonable men, first we're gonna beat Daryl to death." Rick watched on helplessly as two men beat Daryl.

"Then," he continued pressing the cool metal of the gun against Rick's temple "we'll have the girl, then the boy, then I'll shoot you and we'll be square." Joe finished with a light chuckle as they continued to watch Daryl get beat up.

Rick inhaled and exhaled heavily "Let him go." His breathing continued, deeply and heavily, and then it all happened so quickly.

Gunshots sounded throughout the peaceful night, and five killings later the four were sat around quietly, blood dripping from Rick's mouth as he gutted the prick that touched Carl.

Daryl leaned against the side of the car, watching him with a touch of amusement to his face before Rick took a step back and the body fell onto the road.

"Jesus." He muttered and picked up his crossbow, walking towards the three he learned to call family. "You're alive." He mumbled looking over them, and the three looked up at him, he was shocked but glad.

\/

The next morning the group set out on foot through the woods for any sign of the rest of their people, Daryl and Rick walked up ahead of Carl and Michonne "I-I had Beth with me, she was taken but she is alive I know it." He mumbled to Rick as they continued walking.

Rick remained silent from beside the redneck, his eyes trained forward as a railway came into their view and a sign 'TERMINUS, SANCTUARY FOR ALL COMMUNITY, FOR ALL THOSE WHO SURVIVE."

Daryl turned to the others "You think they all went there?" Rick shrugged with his hands on his hips "We can try, see how it is, if not we just say we are passin' through."

Michonne and Carl walked ahead "D-Did you see Bonnie or Frankie make it out?" Rick asked Daryl quietly, noticing Daryl's eyes soften at their names before he shook his head and his dark hair fell across his eyes "Nah, did you?"

Rick sighed and shook his head "No, I'm sorry Daryl." The redneck shook his head and inhaled a sharp breath "They're strong." Rick half smiled and looked forward "You care for them."

Daryl was a bit taken back by the man's words and he turned to look at him "What? You do." Rick chuckled and lifted his hands "Your secret is safe with me man." Daryl remained quiet and did not move a single muscle in his face to give anything away.

He did like the girl, but he wasn't about to admit to it.

He hoped that they would find their people soon enough, hopefully the two blonde's would be safe and sound.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!