FIFTEEN.

THE gunfire by now had ceased as Bonnie hid in the woods, her eyes searching the prison for any sight of Glenn, or even anyone else from their group.

The pit of Bonnie's stomach ached with fear that she had lost her niece for good, her only hope was that someone had grabbed the girl.

Bonnie stumbled through the woods, the growls of the hundreds of walkers that overran the prison could be heard on the flow of the wind and Bonnie swallowed as she readjusted the straps of her backpack.

She had no idea what that attack was, who initiated it or who's men they were. But a tank? It seemed a bit excessive.

Bonnie turned her head and seen a large trail of walkers leaving the prison, following two people running.

She looked closer and could see Glenn's orange backpack and she grinned, taking off in his direction.

She sprinted as fast as she could, noticing the walkers gaining on the pair just a little while in front of her. Bonnie reached behind her and pulled out her gun from her waistband, noticing the the woods ahead were too infested with the walkers.

Bonnie turned her head and seen the road, so she changed her direction and cut through the woods and towards the road, hoping she would reach them in time.

Bonnie reached the road, out of breath slightly. She looked to her left and seen Glenn and the woman stumble out of the tree line , walking in the other direction.

"Glenn!" Bonnie yelled and the man spun around, seeing Bonnie and smiled "Bonnie?" Bonnie ran towards the pair and threw her arms around Glenn "I thought I lost you back there."

Glenn hugged the girl back before they pulled away and Bonnie noticed the girl "Who's she?" The woman made eye contact with Bonnie "I-I'm Tara." Bonnie sent her a nod of acknowledgment.

"What the hell happened there?" Bonnie mumbled as the three began walking together.

"He was a threat before you came to the prison." Glenn quickly explained and Bonnie bit her lip.

"Did you see if any of our people got away?" Glenn asked Tara and she kept her head down "All I saw was my sister in that field." Bonnie and Glenn looked around them, for any signs of life.

Tara's breaths came out shaky "She wasn't supposed to be there." Bonnie's eyes fell on her defeated frame "She had a gun, but they just swarmed her."

Tara walked ahead of the pair as Bonnie and Glenn slowed down "She wasn't supposed to be there, I did it for them." She repeated and Bonnie sighed at her words "I trusted him," the venom laced in her words were clear as daylight to Bonnie "then he killed that old man."

Bonnie and Glenn froze at his words, it felt as if the oxygen had left her lungs "Hershel?" Glenn asked her in shock as Tara stopped walking, "W-Was his name Hershel?" He asked again.

Bonnie felt numb, she seen Hershel as her father, he was one of the good ones in this horrible world. "I'm sorry," Tara let out as her lip quivered "I'm so sorry."

"Brian, that man told us you were bad people." Bonnie felt tears brim in her eyes, threatening to spill over, she sniffed, pushing the tears away. Bonnie zoned Glenn and Tara's conversation out as her mind went back to the group.

Beth, Daryl, Maggie, Sasha, Tyreese, Rick, Carl, Michonne, Bob, Frankie.

"I have to find Maggie." Glenn croaked and Bonnie walked over and stood next to him "I have to find my niece." She stated as she then thought to Daryl "Daryl." Her voice broke at the thought of the man she had come to like so much.

Bonnie rested her hand on Glenn's shoulder, both of their eyes trained on Tara.

"Who's Maggie?" Bonnie sighed "His wife." Tara nodded "You guys get separated?"

"We were on the bus, got off to help out and she didn't see me." Bonnie's eyes looked around the trio as she seen the dead in the tree line "How do you know they made it?" she took a step toward the pair and Bonnie shrugged her shoulders "We don't."

"Maggie's father, Hershel, he was a good man." Bonnie muttered with a shaky breath before Glenn cut in "And he told us to believe, so that's what we are gonna do."

"They got out, and you're gonna help us find them." Bonnie bluntly replied and Tara nodded her head, as Bonnie and Glenn began walking forward, though she remained bolted to the spot.

"I want to believe that." This made the pair turn around, "I want to."

They were cut off as Walkers made their way up onto the road, Glenn and Bonnie dropped their things and pulled out their knives, and Tara watched on as they started taking down the walkers, before she joined.

With Bonnie and Glenn still recovering, their actions were laboured and Glenn collapsed to his knees as Bonnie panted heavily "Glenn." Bonnie called as she stumbled over, stabbing the walkers near Glenn in the head before she sat down beside him.

Bonnie zoned out the world, her thoughts running wild.

It was not until she seen three people and a large truck stood before her did she come out of her trance.

Maybe they could help.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!