SIX.

A loud laugh woke Bonnie up from her deep slumber.
Her eyelids fluttered open, though squinted at the incoming light through the barred windows of the prison. She groaned and sat up, feeling the ache of her bones and muscles after laying down for so long.

She lifted her hand and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes before reaching for her shoes. She slipped them on and stood up slowly, before exiting her cell slowly to see only Hershel, Beth and a baby in the common area.

"Good morning Bonnie!" Beth called with a sweet smile that you could not help but return "Morning." Bonnie nodded at Hershel before her eyes set upon the baby. She smiled softly and walked over "And who is this little gem?" Bonnie softly asked, while squatting down beside Beth, reaching out her hand and touching her cheek softly.

"This is Rick's daughter, they haven't named her yet since the death of Lori..." Beth trailed off as a feeling of realisation came upon Bonnie, Rick was out in those woods to get away from the prison, to see his wife.

Bonnie frowned and pulled her hand away and stood back up "Do you know where Frankie is?" She asked Hershel and he nodded standing up, "She has a new best friend." He smiled to himself as the pair walked out into the prison yard to see Daryl and Frankie sitting on the tipped over the bus, watching the forrest together.

Bonnie looked on as Hershel turned to face her "They haven't left each others side since you went to sleep. They stayed up late, he let her sleep in his cell while he stayed up the night, now they are keeping watch together."

Bonnie looked on in shock, from what she had gathered in the last twenty four hours, Daryl was a man who preferred to be alone, instead of being in the company of others.

The woman turned to Hershel "Thank you." He sent her a curt nod and turned around walking back into the prison.

She began making her way over to the pair, as quietly as she could to try and listen in to their conversation. "How long have you been with Hershel and Maggie?" Frankie ask Daryl, his eyes not leaving the fence and forrest.

"A while." He grunted in response and she watched the blonde locks bounce off her shoulders as she nodded, "How long have you an' your Aunt been together?" He asked the girl softly "Well in the beginning it was our whole family, my mum, dad, nan and pop," she began as Bonnie was now a few metres from the bus "But me and Aunty Bonnie have been together just us for a few months now."

The crunching of the dry grass under Bonnie's feet drew the attention of the pair "Hey, did I interrupt you guys?" She asked with a smile as her niece's face lit up with excitement "Aunty Bonnie!" She exclaimed and carefully descended down from the bus and ran over as Bonnie dropped down to her knees to hug her tightly.

Bonnie pulled away and pecked her forehead that was not occupied by the bandage with a grin, Bonnie looked up as Daryl hoped off the bus, landing quite heavily beside the pair. "Thank you for looking after her, you didn't have to."

The trio stood together, Frankie looking up at the two adults " 's okay, I don' mind her, she's one badass little girl." Bonnie could see the faintest bit of a smirk on his lips as he looked down at the little girl.

Bonnie grinned for a few moments "Just like my Aunty!" Frankie exclaimed and Bonnie rolled her eyes playfully as the three began walking back up to the prison "Go on, go find Hershel." Daryl and Bonnie watched on as the young girl ran towards the prison and disappeared inside.

"You should go and get some rest, Hershel told me that you stayed up all night so Frankie could sleep in your bed." She stood with her hands on her hips and he nodded his head "You got a good girl there, you've taught 'er well."

Bonnie chuckled and shrugged "I haven't taught her everything, still need to teach her how to defend herself, use a gun and fight when needed." The pair walked up the steps to the prison and he reached for the door, opening it for her, Bonnie nodded a thanks.

"Well if you decide to stay, I'll be happy to help an' I know Rick wouldn't mind helpin' too." She nodded her head "I'm assuming you hunt for everyone's food, when you go out next can we both come? Of course when she's feeling better, the other day I was teaching her about being quiet in the woods before the shit happened."

Daryl nodded his head "Yeah, 'course." Bonnie nodded as they made their way into the cell block and seen Frankie sitting beside Beth and Hershel, looking at the baby. "I want her to be able to fend for herself in this world," she paused as her eyes settled on the girl, though Daryl observed the woman's pained face "because I won't be here forever."

Daryl moved his eyes to the little girl and sighed, as much as he did not want to admit it, she had him wrapped around her little finger.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!