FIFTY NINE.

AFTER a week and a half of sleeping beside Bonnie's bed.

A week and a half of looking after Frankie alone.

A week and a half of being alone.

Bonnie was finally waking up.

Daryl sat up quickly, taking hold of Bonnie's hand as she stirred awake slowly.

The blonde's vision was blurry, she could barely see anything in front of her though the feeling of someone by her side pulled her to look in their direction.

Bonnie squinted at the bright lights filing in from the windows and her vision cleared "Daryl?" She hoarsely asked, coughing from the dryness ensued in her throat.

"Here." A cup was pressed up against her lips, the cool liquid pooled into her mouth and she closed her eyes in relief, drinking the water.

After she drank the water, Bonnie let her head fall against the soft pillow under her head with a sigh, her eyes closing for a moment before they opened again and looked back up at Daryl.

"How long was I out for?" She asked and Daryl sat back in his chair " 'bout a week and a bit." The blonde's eyes widened in shock "Do you remember anythin'?" He asked so quietly that Bonnie almost missed it.

Bonnie thought for a moment, the last thing she remembered was falling, nothing else.

The blonde shook her head "N-No, just back to when I fell." She responded and tried to sit up, though was stopped by Daryl "Careful, don' want you poppin' your stitches."

She chuckled as he helped her sit up carefully so she was now propped against the headboard of the bed.

"Denise said your wound was healin' up nice,  she was gonna check on your stitches, thinkin' they can come out today." He told Bonnie and she nodded slowly, though her eyes widened in panic "Where's Frankie?"

Daryl smiled "She's with Maggie, keepin' an eye on the baby." Bonnie relaxed, slumping against the headboard "I feel so exhausted and I've been asleep for over a week, go figure." She chuckled and Daryl kept his eyes on her.

"I thought you were dead." He suddenly spoke, in a voice that made Bonnie's heart break.

She turned to look at him and frowned "You were in a bad way when you came back." He told her and Bonnie watched as he bit his nail anxiously, knee bobbing furiously "You lost too much blood, thought you were done for."

"From what I can remember, all I thought about was you and Frankie." Bonnie whispered.

Those words surprised Daryl, sure the two were together, but he didn't expect Bonnie to care that much.

Bonnie moved over as best she could, patting the spot beside her legs for him to sit on the bed.

Daryl watched Bonnie, and reluctantly moved to sit up onto the bed and faced her.

"But, I'm still here." She took hold of his calloused hand into both of hers, squeezing it with a reassuring smile "It's gonna take a lot more to kill me."