TWENTY SEVEN.

THE next day, the group had continued their travels in search for a place to stay. Bonnie and Daryl straggled off from the back of the group, leaving a big enough gap so nobody could hear what the pair were talking about.

Daryl had taken Carol's advice and was determined to get to know the woman.

"What did you uh, like to do before this?" He asked, and Bonnie could tell immediately that Daryl had never done something like this before and it made her grin, as she pulled her hair back into a ponytail.

"Don't give me shit alright?" She began and looked up the good looking man beside her, his piercing blue eyes already looked back at her with the ghost of a smirk on his lips "I won't a'right?"

Bonnie chuckled "I was in love with sports, used to play actually, I collected records and had a pretty good collection if you ask me." The glimmer in her eyes showed Daryl she was passionate, and he liked that about her and the fact that she had never been like someone he had met ever.

"Records huh?" He replied with a smirk "What are you, eighty?" Bonnie scoffed with a roll of her eyes and begun to speed up her pace to get away from Daryl, though stopped as he reached out and grabbed her arm gently "A'right I'm sorry."

Bonnie shook her head as the pair stopped and faced each other "What, I liked to collect records!" She exclaimed embarrassed and Daryl chuckled "I think it's cool, what records did you collect?" He asked as they turned and began walking again.

"See the thing is, I don't like to tell people my music taste because they just talk shit about it." She started and looked up at Daryl before the screams and cries of help interrupted them.

The pair of them took off, following the rest of the group towards the sound "Frankie, come here." Bonnie called as she took hold of Frankie's hand and they ran towards the screams.

The group halted as Rick, Carol and Daryl took care of the extra walkers "Holy mother of god." Bonnie stated as she noticed the black clothing and white collar of the priest that sat up on the rock, this caught the attention of a few of the others, as well as a snicker from Tara and Rosita.

"Come on down." Rick called and Bonnie watched the priest inch towards the edge of the rock like a scared little puppy, causing Bonnie to chuckle, though she masked it with a cough which attracted some unwanted looks "Sorry, inhaled a bug."

She heard a grunt to her right and seen Daryl looking at the woman with an amused look as the priest slid down onto his feet  "You alright?" Rick asked again and the priest lifted his finger.

"Oh he's gonna blow." Bonnie called as she spun her and Frankie around as the contents of the priest's stomach emptied at Rick's feet. "Sorry." She heard and slowly spun back around and faced the priest.

"Yes, thank you." She watched the man as he smoothed out his shirt and pants with a brush of his hands.

"I'm Gabriel." Bonnie walked forward and stood beside Daryl with Frankie at her side "Do you have any weapons on you?" Bonnie asked and he let out a shaky couple of breaths.

"Does it look like I have any weapons on me?" Bonnie was a bit taken back by his response "We don't give two short and curly's what it looks like." Bonnie bit back a grim at Abraham's response.

"I have no weapons of any kind." He announced, looking over the group with fearful eyes "The word of God is the only protection I need." Bonnie's eyebrows raised as the sound of Frankie letting out a giggle made Bonnie cover her niece's mouth to stop the sound reaching the group, causing the little girl to look up at her Aunt.

"Sure didn't look like it." Daryl piped up from beside Bonnie "I called for help, help came." Bonnie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest as they continued to speak to the priest.

Bonnie watched on as the talk between the priest and Rick began to get slightly hostile, though the blonde hoped that they would go back to wherever he was staying. When the group began moving Bonnie looked to Tyreese "Here, I'll take her for a bit, give you a break." Tyreese handed her Judith and they followed the priest.

Bonnie held Judith, rubbing her back soothingly as she leaned against the blonde's shoulder "You're a natural mom Bonnie." She heard and looked to her side to see Carol with a kind smile, this caused Bonnie to blush slightly "Thanks Carol, maybe one day I can put these skills to proper use."

Carol sent the girl a wink "I think it'll happen one day." Bonnie chuckled as Judith played with her blonde locks, and Bonnie watched Frankie walk up beside Daryl and follow the man "Hopefully." She dreamily replied back to Carol as her eyes rested on Daryl.

Carol watched between the two and shook her head with a smirk, it was happening slowly.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!