THIRTEEN.

"BONNIE."
The woman stirred in her sleep, her eyes fluttering as she adjusted to the light that shone through the high windows of the cell block.

Bonnie turned her head and seen Maggie sitting on her bed with a smile "Hey." Bonnie hoarsely replied, wincing at her dry throat "Here." Maggie extended her arm that held a cup of water, and Bonnie took it gladly.

"Thank you." Bonnie sipped on the water, the cool liquid running down her throat felt incredible. She sat up and leaned against the wall "How long have I been out for?" She asked Maggie curiously as she finished the cup of water and handed it back to Maggie.

"Nearly two days, both you and Glenn." Bonnie's eyes widened in shock as she pulled the covers off her and hung her legs off the side of the bed, her feet touching the cool floor.

"How's Frankie been?" She asked Maggie softly, grabbing her boots and pulling them on slowly "She's been a little stressed, I stayed with her while you were asleep." Bonnie sat up and turned to Maggie, pulling her in for a hug.

Maggie gladly reciprocated "Thank you Maggie." They pulled away and Maggie smiled "Don't worry 'bout it Bon, you've done a good job raising that little girl." The pair stood up and Bonnie slowly held the the bars of the cell for support.

"Can I get some air?" She asked Maggie as the girl helped Bonnie walk down the stairs "Yeah, 'course."

"I'll take 'er." The gruff voice brought the two women out of their conversation.

Before them stood Daryl.

Bonnie smiled as she looked over at the redneck, glad he was back from the run.

Maggie smiled knowingly and let go of Bonnie carefully "Alright, she needs to eat Daryl." He nodded and wrapped a secure arm around Bonnie's waist to support her as the pair began to walk.

"How you feelin'?" He asked and Bonnie chuckled "I'm feeling better than the other day that's for sure." Daryl remained quiet as they finally made their way outside and Bonnie exhaled deeply.

"I was so scared." Bonnie suddenly spoke as they sat down on some crates, Daryl rubbed his nose and looked over at her "I really thought I was going to die."

She pursed her chapped lips "What made it easier, was that I knew Frankie would have you and the others there for her." She exhaled a shaky breath as her eyes scanned the field.

"Lucky we got to you in time then." Daryl replied and Bonnie chuckled with a nod as Carol walked over with a plate of food, catching the attention of Bonnie and Daryl.

"Hey, thought I'd bring you a plate." Bonnie sat up and smiled, taking the plate from her "Thanks Carol." The woman nodded before walking away with a large grin on her lips, it seemed everyone was doing that lately.

Carol could tell Daryl liked the blonde, he was different around her, more shy and reserved, instead of the brooding asshole the group had got to know.

Bonnie and Daryl sat in a comfortable silence as she ate, "Have you seen Frankie yet?" He asked her, his eyes settling on the ground in front of him as he played with some dry grass, waiting for a reply. "No, I haven't." He nodded understandably.

"Have you?" She asked him and he shook his head sheepishly, "Nah, been busy." Bonnie nodded.

"I did see her when you left for the medication the other day," she paused as she took a bit of the food, Daryl looked at Bonnie as she swallowed "She was adamant I would make it through, because 'Daryl said so'."

Daryl scoffed and a small smile rested on his lips as Bonnie finished the rest of her plate off "So, if it weren't for you I would be six feet under, so, thank you." Daryl nodded and shrugged " 's okay."

Bonnie stood up carefully and Daryl followed, reaching out to steady the girl as she groaned "My back is killing me." Daryl chuckled as he held her arm "Gettin' old."

Bonnie's jaw dropped as she punched his shoulder with little to no force "Watch it Dixon, I'll kick your ass like I did Rick's, then you'll be sorry." Daryl chuckled as they made their way back into the prison.

"Can we go past C, I wanna see Frankie." The pair began walking in the direction of cell block C and the view made the woman smile largely. Carl was cleaning his gun on a back table, while Frankie sat with Beth and helped look after Judith.

"Francesca Lucille Thompson."

Frankie's eyes shot up towards Daryl and Bonnie's position at the end of the cell and a grin broke out onto her little face, "Aunt Bonnie!" she squealed and ran over as Bonnie kneeled down carefully and opened her arms wide.

Frankie ran into her arms and they hugged tightly "See, I told you Daryl would get the medicine." She mumbled and Bonnie pulled away, placing a big kiss on her cheek and Frankie let out a giggle.

Bonnie stood up with help from Daryl "Do you want to sit down with me and tell me what's been happening?" Bonnie asked Frankie and she nodded eagerly "Can Daryl come too? I haven't seen him for days now." The little girl pouted and strung her hands on her hips sassily.

"Well, why don't you ask him? It's not like he isn't in the room Frank." Bonnie nodded her head at Daryl beside her and Frankie smiled up at the man "Daryl will you stay with us? Please?"

Bonnie looked at Daryl, noticing the slightest crease at the corner of his eyes and the small smile as he sent the little blonde a curt nod, that to anyone else would be no emotion, but Bonnie could see it and she smiled.

Frankie took a hold of Daryl's larger hand and pulled him over to her and her Aunt's cell, the three sat on the bed as Frankie began filling them in on the past couple of days.

Comment your thoughts and don't forget to like!