PROLOGUE

Prologue

"Scalpel." He command and the Doctor hand it to him.

"Have you seen this case before?" Dr. Enrique asked.

Dr. Enrique is the one who performing the surgery and I'm his first assistant. This isn't my first time assisting or performing a surgery, I already did these while I'm at Morris Medical Center at USA.

I came back here because this is my hometown, my friends are here, and I know I will be more happy in here.

"Yes, I'm also the Surgeon who operated on him," I answered.

"Forceps," he said and the Doctor hand it to him. "Is that so?"

"Yes, Doc." I answered.

I sudden remember the time that I operated my patient that have this Aortic disease, that was my first time being the Surgeon in charge who'll operated him yet I did well! I am so happy because I've saved the patient.

"Irrigation," he said and I clear it. "What's the result?"

"It went well, Doc," I answered and he nodded.

We continued operating the patient and stopped our chitchats. All of us were focusing here until...

"Cut." Dr. Enrique said and strength his arms.

"Let me finish it, Doc," I volunteer and he nodded then hand me the needle holder.

I started stitching her chest, and after a half-hour I finished it. "Cut." I said.

"Take her to her room." I command and they immediately followed it.

Lumabas ako ng Operation Room at nagpunta ako sa office.

"How's the operation?" Dra. Tan asked.

"It went well, Doc," I answered and wore my coat.

Lumabas ako sa office at akmang paalis na ako pero tinawag ako ni Dr. David, habang naglalakad kami nagre-report 'to sa akin.

"A 26 years old man from the construction site have fell on the third floor building, he's in the ICU now and we just got the result from the CT scan. He also have a record her a month ago, he has a lung cancer that spreads to his heart." He said and I scan his records.

Maya-maya nakarating na kami sa Intensive Care Unit o ICU, pumasok kami sa loob at naroon si Dr. Eugene.

"Doc," Dr. Eugene greet me and I nodded.

"Sir, can you hear me?" I asked but it doesn't respond.

I checked the patient eyes using my eye flashlight but it's not responding and his hands as well.

"Call Dr. Enrique," I said and Dr. David do it.

I keep checking the patient while waiting for Dr. Enrique and later on he came. I greet him and he nodded.

"Ako na bahala rito, please assist out patient earlier," he said and I nodded.

Mabilis akong naglakad papunta sa room ng pasyenteng inoperahan namin kanina. Nang makarating ako roon kinuha ko sa table ang records nito.

"J-Justice..." She said and I immediately check her.

"Ma'am, can you recognize me?" I asked and she nodded. "How are you feeling?"

"N-Not well,"

"Is there something wrong?"

"I want... J-Justice,"

Justice?

"Stella!" Someone shout and goes to the patient and hold her hand. "Thank God! You're awake!" He said and I can feel the happiness.

"Your heartbeat is normal and the blood pressure as well, take a rest for your recovery Ma'am," I said. "I will check from time to time, the nurse will be the one whole give you medicine but I'm also there or Dr. Enrique, or maybe the both of us. I'm not sure." I continued and the patient gaze at me and force to smile.

"P-Puwede ba akong lumabas?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Not yet, Ma'am "

"Let her," the Man said and our eyes met.

Kinuha ko ang phone ko at nag-message kay Dr. Enrique kung puwede bang lumabas ng kuwarto ang patient at pumayag naman ito. Kinuha ko ang wheelchair at inalalayang makaupo ang patient.

"I can handle it," he said when he opened the door.

"Dra. Fuentes," Nurse Laxandria smiled. "Ikaw pala first assistant ni Dr. Enrique," she said and I took off my mask and smiled.

I saw Sofia at my back and Tristoff was in front of Nurse Laxandria.

"I forgot to introduce myself, I'm sorry," I said and my eyes met Terrence's eyes.

I close my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm Dra. Hera Margareth Fuentes, from Cardiothoracic department."

"Your name is familiar," the patient said.

"Ma'am, ano pong name ng baby?" Nurse Laxandria asked and the patient looked at him.

"Steven," she answered

"Steven Ricohermoso po?" The Nurse confirm.

"Excuse me," I said and left.

Mabilis along naglakad hanggang sa makarating ako sa Nurse station.

"Dra. Fuentes, may naghahanap po sa inyo," Nurse Jung said.

"Patient?" I asked and she shook her head

"Sister mo raw po."

Sister? Wala naman akong kapatid na babae ah.

I was about to asked her but someone called me.

"Dra. Fuentes!" He shout but I looked at my phone.

It's Dr. Enrique, asking me if I already checked the patient. I replied 'yes' then he told me to have a lunch with him and I said 'sure'.

"Dra. Fuentes," he called me and stopped in front of me.

"What can I do for you, Sir?" I asked. "Is it about your wife? She'll be taking medicine at 1:30 pm." I said.

"You're finally a Doctor," he said.

"Yes," I confidently answered.

"Magkakilala po kayo, Dra. Fuentes?" Nurse Mendoza asked.

"Siya 'yong asawa no'ng pasyenteng inoperahan nila Dr. Enrique, 'di ba?" The other Nurse asked.

"Oo, bagay na bagay sila."

"Paano niyo nalamang mag-asawa?"

"Pareho silang may singsing, tapos ayon din ang nakalagay sa records no'ng pasyente. Ang pasyente si Stella Galvez Ricohermoso, at siya naman si-"

"Yes. We know each other, he's Sir Terrence Ricohermoso. He's my former Filipino Teacher." I answered.

***

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or used in fictitious matter. Any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© All rights reserved 2020

***

Grammatical errors ahead, beware of my typos I'll fix it soon.

Slow update while revising.

Note: This story had been published before on my former account.

This is the revised version.

Thank you and happy reading!