Ollivanders

~(y/n) POV~

I open my eyes wide at the sight of all the busy shops and people. My mother reminds us to stay close and pulls out the list of things that we will need to attend school.

"Okay Elijah, first I need you to take your sister to Olivanders to get her wand, your father and I will collect your textbooks and meet you back here in 20 minutes, now move along."

I smile brightly. Ever since I learned about Hogwarts I've always wondered what type of wand I was going to get.

"I don't know what is taking you so long, but you need to hurry up if you want to be back here in 20 minutes." Elijah yells.

"Me? I thought we were both going to Olivanders?" I question.

"You really thought I would take you to get your wand? You must be really bloody dense if you think I'm going into Olivanders ever again. He's a mad man, almost gave me a wand that blew up his entire store." He fumes.

"I don't know who you think you're talking to. You're an idiot, I don't think you know how picking out a wand really works. If you're not going to take me to get my wand, get out of my way so I can get it myself." I huff at him. 

Sure he's safe when mother and father are around to defend him, but when he tries to talk to me like that and they're gone, I won't take it.

I push past him and walk into the sea of people. There's only a slight problem. I have no idea where I'm going. I've only been to Diagon Alley a few times and only with my mother to buy dresses. I realize just how far I've walked and I look around. I don't see a single face I'm familiar with. 

I feel a cold hand grip my shoulder. I turn around quickly. Someone might realize I'm a part of the Wolfwood family and try to take me. I've gathered quite a few stares since I've been here, and I know a lot of shady people would love to get their hands on a descendant of Merlin. 

When my eyes meet this stranger, I shudder. He looks oddly familiar to me but I can't figure out where I've seen him before. He stares down at me with a very curious look. 

"(y/n), (y/n) Wolfwood, you must not remember me, I'm Lucius Malfoy. I work with your parents at the ministry." This tall man with long platinum blonde hair says to me. "This is my son." He pushes a boy out from behind him aggressively with this long black and silver walking stick. He flinches and looks at the ground. I notice he too has platinum blond hair that is combed back with hair gel. He's slightly taller than me with pale skin and flushed red cheeks. I can tell their family is wealthy, or at least very high profile. They're dressed in fine black suits.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He looks at me with his grey, blue eyes. They're hypnotizing to me for some reason. He smirks at me and looks up at his father.

"(y/n) Wolfwood." I say confidently shaking his hand with a smile. I let go and look up to his father. "Could you tell me where Olivanders is? My brother Elijah was supposed to take me but I got lost and ended up... separated." I lie right through my teeth easily. 

"Of course, anything for a Wolfwood, we were actually heading there now. It's Draco's first year and he needs a wand as well." Lucius says without even looking at me. I can tell he's not the best person to be talking to, but I'm stranded and I do need a wand. 

We walk into Olivanders and are greeted by an unhinged-looking old man. I guess Elijah was right when he said he was a little insane, I think to myself. He greets us nicely and walks over to Draco first. I can't help but feel my stomach drop a bit when he smirks and looks back at me. 

Draco walks up and snatches a wand out of Mr. Olivanders hands. I roll my eyes a bit. It seems as though Draco just wants this to be over with. He follows Mr. Olivander's instructions and gives the wand a wave. Brooms and mops come flying from a storage closet on the opposite side of the room. I flinch as they clatter to the ground. 

"I thought this was the best wand shop in Diagon Alley." Draco manages to spit out angrily.

Mr. Olivander apologizes profusely to Lucius and hands Draco another wand to try out. He gives this one a wave and golden dust whips around the room.

"Draco, my boy, it seems this wand has chosen you." Olivander smiles. Draco is holding a 10-inch wand made from Hawthornwood with a unicorn hair core.

"Reasonably springy." Olivander says with a chuckle.

Apparently, Draco doesn't like this man or the comment he just made because he glares at him. I roll my eyes for a second time and walk over to Mr. Olivander.

"Ah, a Wolfwood, (y/n) Wolfwood I presume?"

"Yes, your correct." I say hesitantly looking right past him to all the wands lining the walls. 

He runs to the back and grabs two boxes. He looks like he's debating which one to give me and I furrow my brows. He might not know what he's doing after all. 

"I suppose this wand might just do the trick." He says as he hands me a dark brown wand with swirls carved into the handle. I'm guessing it's a rosewood 12 Inch wand with a unicorn hair core. It doesn't feel right to me, but Mr. Olivander tells me to give it a wave anyway.

I do as he says, and watch rows of wands fly off the shelves. I had a feeling this wand wasn't going to work. 

"I guess not then. Here try this." He says and hands me a slightly longer wand. This one feels right. It's a 13 1/4th inch wand made with cedarwood and has a phoenix feather core. I give it a wave and golden waves of air blow around me. I smile brightly and thank Mr. Olivander after paying him. 

The Malfoys and I leave the store and start walking down the street. I keep looking forward but I can tell Draco is glancing over at me. I blush hard, and hope he doesn't notice the pink tint covering my cheeks.

"Do you think you could help me find my way back over to the pet shop? I'm supposed to meet my parents there." I ask. 

Lucius looks down at me. "Yes I would love a chance to talk to your parents, and perhaps you and Draco can pick out some sort of pet to bring with you."

I look over at Draco but he seems distracted by all of the chaos around us. I wonder what my parents will have to say about the Malfoys. I want to know more about them, but more importantly, I want to know more about Draco. I don't know what it is about him that makes me feel so nervous. It's probably nothing, what am I worried about?