The Sorting Ceremony

~(y/n) POV~

The train ride went by fast, talking to Draco the entire time. When we thought we were getting close, we changed into our robes. We looked out the window of the train and saw a giant castle poking through the clouds in the night sky. It was stunning.

"Let's go, were here." I say excitedly to Draco, pulling on his sleeve.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." He answers and follows me out of the empty train car.

Just then, Harry, Hermione, and Ron pop out of their compartment giggling.

"What were you two doing in there?" Harry teases.

"Shut up before I make you." Draco snaps.

"Harry just back off." I insist and give him a look.

"Fine." Was all Harry said before Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me away towards the exit of the train.

~Harry's POV~

"What do you think is going on between those two?" I ask Hermione and Ron.

"I have no idea, but they seem like they're just close friends. What were you telling me about her again? Ron was distracting me." Hermione asks.

"It was nothing important, he was probably just talking about how beautiful her hair was." Ron teases me.

"Stop it, Ron, seriously. I was telling you that she was acting completely normal before you came into the compartment. I found it a bit odd. She just rushed off, apparently to find Draco." I answer.

"Weird." Hermione says and looks at the floor. I can tell she came up with a theory as to why (y/n) rushed off so fast, but I don't want to ask because she seems upset.

When we walk off the train, I see Hagrid. He's directing all of the students to small boats to bring us to the castle. I look over to see Draco climbing in a boat. He holds out his hand to (y/n) to help her in. I roll my eyes. He's so full of himself. I decide to stop thinking about (y/n), and Draco. I should focus on this amazing new opportunity.

~(y/n) POV~

Draco and I sit down in our boat and watch in awe as we sail closer and closer to the giant castle.

When we arrive inside, there is a giant staircase to climb. I have no idea where I'm going, I'm just following Draco. We're at the very front of the group. We reach the top of the staircase and listen to a teacher named professor McGonigal introduce herself. She also gives a brief introduction to the school.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Your triumphs will earn you points, any rule-breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house cup." She smiles.

Right after Professor McGonigal finishes her instructions, a boy named Nevil leaps to the ground to retrieve his lost toad. He apologizes embarrassed and cowered back into the crowd. Draco and I giggle.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Professor McGonigal announces, ignoring the situation. She walks through the big dining hall doors and leaves us in silence.

All of a sudden, two boys walk up to Draco and greet him.

"Crabbe, Goyle, this is my friend (y/n), treat her as my equal." He orders them. They quickly nod. "(y/n), this is Crabbe and Goyle, my father is good friends with their parents, so we know each other from before." He explains.