Platform 9 & 3/4

~(y/n) POV~

I sit up in my bed, feeling extremely sick. I've had a really long week, full of lectures and punishments as usual. The day that stuck out the most to me was Saturday, two days ago, it was absolutely dreadful.

-----Flashback-----

I wake up after having a terrible nightmare. Uncertain thoughts tear through my head. I'm thinking about Maxx. I'm worried that when I leave home, I'll feel completely disconnected from my memories of him. I have night terrors about him frequently, and they keep setting me on edge. I decide to walk to his sealed room to sit and think.

My head feels like it's weighing me down, and my heart pounds hard in my chest. I feel like shit, so I decide to keep my nightgown on. I reach Maxx's old room and sit on the ground, leaning against his door. I feel like I owe it to him to find out what really happened.

My mother couldn't have been serious when she explained it to me, but, I might be overreacting a little bit. Maxx may have wandered off during the field trip. Maybe I was just being delusional because I wasn't ready to accept the fact that he's gone.

He can't be gone.

What am I saying? What if he's still in the forest alive? They never found his body. He could be hurt right now! Why wasn't I out there looking for him? My mind races with all o possibilities.

My head pounds harder and I can hear my heart beating against my ribs. I didn't even realize I had been crying until I clutch my face. My vision blurs and I grab the door frame for support.

This has happened many times before after Maxx had died. I try slowing down my breathing and counting in my head, that usually helps me out. I sit there for what feels like forever trying to calm down. Once I gather myself a little I hear the floorboards creak from down the hallway.

"(y/n)? Where were you? We were looking for you all morning! You skipped breakfast, and you're still wearing your nightgown. Its 9:00 am, you were supposed to be out of your room and dressed by 7:00 am sharp. With how you've been acting all week, it's safe to say that you're grounded. You will not be able to join us for family meals. If you think you are above the family rules, you may not share the family privileges. You can eat when you get to Hogwarts. you Maybe then you will understand you need to leave your deceased brother's doorstep and decide to join those among the living." My mother screams out before I have the chance to explain myself. She grabs me by the arm, drags me into my room, and leaves.

-----End Flashback-----

I've tried multiple times to escape my room, but my mother had locked it on the outside. Throughout the entire time span of those two days, my house elf Ollie was ordered by my mother to bring me a glass of water every night. I distracted myself by sitting in the bath and looking out my window.

At least I had a bathroom in here, it could have been worse. I've only had one more of those crying episodes since I became grounded.

I wasn't too surprised by her punishment, because this has happened multiple times before. I was confused about why she punished me, though. All I did was skip breakfast, and earlier throughout the week I wasn't feeling so well, so I kept to myself. I wasn't expecting her to lock me in my room like this again.

I'm starving and I've was looking forward to this morning all week. I'm finally going to Hogwarts today.

I have all of my luggage packed and gathered to the side of my room. I look in the mirror at my white tennis skirt and black long-sleeved shirt. I layer on some jewelry and put on some mascara, knowing my mother would want me to. It was growing on me a little bit too.