Midnight

~(Y/N) POV~

I look up at Wolfwood Manion. I'll never get used to walking through the doors of this place. It's filled with negative energy. I follow my mother into the foyer. The house-elf, Ollie closes doors behind us.

"(y/n), the party will start very shortly. I suggest you go and get ready." My mother ushers me upstairs.

"Yes, mother." I reply.

I make my way up to my room. I walk down the cold hallway and stop right in front of my brother's door.

'What is mother hiding from me?' I think to myself.

I snap myself back into reality and continue to walk to my room. I open the door and walk straight to my closet. I dig through it to find something good. It doesn't take me as long to pick out a dress this time.

After struggling to get into my dress, I decide to do my hair. My mother is probably busy preparing anyway. I sit in front of my vanity and fix up my hair. When that's finished, I work on my makeup. I'm getting a lot better at it.

When I'm finished getting ready, I walk downstairs to try and find my mother. I find myself walking into the dining room.

"Hello (y/n), you look lovely." My father says from the other side of the room.

"Thank you. I was looking for mother. Have you seen her?" I ask

"She's in the foyer greeting guests. I wouldn't go bothering her, she's in a fine mood, and I don't want that tarnished." My father breathes. "By the way, there are already quite a few people in the ballroom."

"When should I join the party?" I change the subject.

"The ball." My father corrects me.

"Yes, sorry." I say quickly.

"There is actually someone I'd like you to meet." He says.

"Who might that be?" I question.

"Lorenzo Vitali." My father answers. "He's the son of a very respected pureblood. I've just given his father a promotion in the ministry. I think it's best if you two become friends."

"Does he go to Hogwarts?" I ask.

"Yes, he's in his first year. Slytherin." My father says. "Lorenzo is in the ballroom right now, I'll introduce you."

He grabs me harshly by the wrist and drags me into the ballroom. Before I can even take my next breath, I'm standing in front of Lorenzo and his family.

"Lorenzo, this is (y/n), (y/n), this is Lorenzo." My father introduces us.

I tilt my head upwards and make eye contact with him.

"Nice to meet you." I stick out my hand and half-smile.

"Nice to meet you." He grabs my hand and brings it up to his lips.

He has medium-length dark brown hair and pale skin. He isn't bad to look at if I'm being honest.

My father, the Vitalis, and I talk for a little while longer. Lorenzo is mostly silent.

The conversation gets boring, and I start to zone out. All of a sudden, someone punches me in the shoulder. Hard. I'm about to turn and yell, but I realize its Draco.

"Draco!" I say angrily.

"Hello, princess (y/n)." He says and bows his head down.

My father is still in a deep conversation with the Vitalis, but Lorenzo focuses his attention on us.